A series of random occurrences has made me appreciate the little things in life:
1. I wrote a few months ago about how our library's drop box is only open after the library closes at 9p.m. Who drops off library books that late? This made me very annoyed because if I didn't need to use the library, just drop off books, I had to park, get Brooke out of the car, shuffle through the door with her in tow all for the 3 seconds it takes to lay my things on the "return counter". Anywho, I went to the library today and on their drop box was a sign that said "open all day" YAY!
2. Similar to #1 a Redbox is going in at a gas station near our house which makes me extremely happy because all the other redboxes are far away and inside a store.
3. I made brownies & double frosted them with a layer of peanut butter and then chocolate. I went to eat one and it was stuck to the inside of the pan. I was so mad, but then realized the rest of the pan was okay. I must've just forgotten to spray that one corner.
4. Brooke's flu shot came in 2 doses. One last month and one this month. The nurse told me I didn't need an appt. and just to stop by sometime in October. I went to the clinic today and saw on the door that they are all out of flu shots. Again, I was pretty ticked off. I go to the counter just to make sure and they had just gotten a new shippment so Brooke is all vaccinated, making me so relieved!
These seemingly small things have made a very big impact on my day.
6 comments:
Your always positive, funny and informative writing has a wonder effect on our day. Thank you.
Looks like a good day to deserve Cafe Rio!
The simple things totally keep me going. Glad to hear things do get easier!
I can just "hear" every "Yay" you had today. It truly is the little things that can perk up an otherwise usual day. I LOVE your positive outlook!
It's good to remember those things that make your day. I am glad you had a good day!
I've been meaning to write a letter to my library about the whole drop box situation. If it were a business, like Blockbuster, it would make sense to me. But it is a PUBLIC library and they should cater to the public. And the public doesn't want to have to get out of their car and drag their kids inside to return a book.
Post a Comment