It seems Saturday is my night for posting our weekly update. I can't say this has been a very exciting week for us. But it has been a week full decisions, or at least decisions not being made...yet. Do I go back to work next year? Do we buy a house while prices are low? Wait and keep saving? But what if home prices go back up? Should we invest in some rental property? When are we going to have more children? Do we even want to stay in this town? ahhhhhhhhhhh... I am grateful for my free agency, but sometimes I wish I had a road map and knew exactly what we are supposed to do. Aside from that, here are a few snippets of what we've been up to:
Blake: Has been having problems with his shoulder since this summer when he had a bad wreck while wakeboarding. He is scheduled to have an MRI done on it Monday and hopefully we'll know what the problem is and if he needs surgery. The other night we were getting ready for bed and Blake said that he would put the dogs away and be right in. So I get in bed and wait...and wait. Putting the dogs away should take like 2 minutes. I waited for 30 minutes and convinced myself that he had fallen on the icy driveway and was lying unconscious, freezing to death. Turns out he was down stairs working on that dang puzzle!!
Courtney: I got my 6th grade Language Arts class of 31 kids this week. Boy have I been spoiled only have 6 kids in my classes up to this point. Luckily, I have some awesome kids and am optimistic they will stay a good group for me.
Brooke: Started saying "uh-oh" and "baby". Will walk if we hold her hands or holding onto furniture, but still won't stand or walk independently. Someone pointed out to me that once they can walk on their own, she won't need her hands to balance on furniture so she'll be able to use them to get into more trouble. AH! I never thought of that and Brooke is definitely a little trouble maker. Last night Blake was having a snack in the family room and set his plate and spoon on the coffee table. Of course Brooke went straight for it. She had a hold of the spoon and as soon as I got up to get it from her, Brooke immediately drops it and crawls away as fast as she can and hides behind the couch giggling. I don't even want to imagine the kind of trouble she'll get into once she is able to stand on her own and have her hands free.
9 comments:
It's true that they are going to get into more stuff because their hands are free. I have seen that one come to fruition this week, putting an entire roll of toilet paper in the toilet, writing on doors, getting into cupboards and drawers she's never noticed! Good luck with the MRI and all those tough decisions you have to make!
I can definitely relate to all the decision making. I am trying to finish my master's degree and then find a job, Ron has to decided whether to join the military or take out loans, when do we want to start a family, etc. Good luck w/everything that is coming up, and hopefully some of your decisions come easier than expected.
Decisions are around us always aren't they? I feel like school was so much easier because the answers were simple. We didn't have the time, nor the money. Life was simple. Good luck! I am sure you will make the right decision for you.
I can't believe Blake went back to the puzzle! He is an addicted little 80 year old woman. :) I love it. I got quite the laugh. Good luck with the MRI. It will be nice to actually know what is going on.
I am also sure you can handle your class. You've done it before right? You'll be great.
Brooke is so sweet. I can't wait to HEAR the stories of what she may get into when she walks. :)
I hate decisions too! I am also worried about the house prices going up. Children too. I am glad I am not alone.
I can just picture Brooke giggling as she runs behind the couch. How funny! I think the answers to all your questions would be to move to Alaska with your sister!
That's so funny about the puzzle, I bet you were mad at Blake for making your worry.
I hope that everything is okay and that you are able to figure things out. Isn't being an adult so much fun? I sometimes wish I could go back to being a kid and not have to worry about the big decisions. I guess though it's all a part of life and our choices and decisions only make us stronger. I hope everything turns out okay with Blake's arm. Keep us posted! You guys are in our prayers and hope that things will work out for you soon!
Good luck with all those decisions. I'm sure you will make all the right ones! Dustin is also an 80 year old lady when it comes to puzzles. He gets completely addicted.
Courtney, I wish your Mother-in-law ( I really hate that name) could tell you what to do. I said one year in Vernal and thirty nine and holding years later....
You will definitely know when another baby is to come. But for the move, a new home, work..man these are major decisions based on so many other variables.
To be honest, I don't think we will stay in Vernal. Just too many memories. However, I keep thinking of Steinaker and Flaming Gorge and then I rethink my final decision.
Work will always be there. So proud of you for going back and seeing what you think.
Just pray...and then it's up to you and Blake. Great answer huh?!
I love you. Thanks for taking good care of Blake and Brooke. You are the best wife and Mommy.
And whoever said you have to be 80 yrs old to like puzzles, I beg to differ with them.
Post a Comment