Holy Cow! A year and half goes by so fast when you're as busy as this little guy! And that's exactly the word I would use to describe Porter at this stage. He is constantly on the move and if I am not right there watching him constantly he gets into all sorts of mischief. He gets into the garbage all the time, pulls the DVDs from the shelves in the TV room, pulls books from the bookcase, gets into the cupboards in the bathroom while I'm showering and scatters cotton balls or Q-Tips everywhere. He can open the front door since it has a lever for a handle, so we have to make sure it's locked all the time. If we don't know where Porter is, you can bet he's getting into some kind of trouble. His new thing is to climb inside the cupboards and hide. He thinks he's so funny.
I love that Porter still loves to snuggle and will let me hold and kiss him as much as I want.
He is also a big-time climber! As soon as my back is turned he is pushing a kitchen chair out to use to climb up on top of the table.
He's also very curious about everything. He couldn't figure out why he was having such a hard time getting a drink from the sprinklers.
Oh how I love this boy of mine and his contagious smile!
Porter's Accomplishments:
Can sign: milk, more, water, finished, please, thank-you--he can also shake his head no and is starting to shake his head yes. He's also very enthusiastic about waving :)
Can say: Ma, Da, vroom-vroom (does this for any kind of car, truck, tractor, or heavy equipment), woof-woof (for dogs) and can say "yes" (sometimes), "uh-oh", and "hot" (sounds like ot). Porter is really good to try to mimic words and sounds. I've had him saying "thank-you" a couple of times, but not consistantly.
Sleeps: Goes to bed at 6:30 each night and waks up around 7am. Takes one nap now around 10:30 and will sleep until at least 12:30 usually, but sometimes will go as long as 2 or 2:30.
Eats: everything!! Loves food, especially snacks. He likes frozen peas and corn (not frozen), fruit, real meat (not lunch meat), hot-dogs, breads and cereal. He's a little thief too. If you have food, he expects you to share with him.
Loves: books, his toy cars and trucks, to wrestle with daddy, to play peek a boo (will cover his face), and hide and seek (loves to hide from us and giggle when we find him). He also enjoys being outside. Each morning he will bring me his shoes and wants me to put them on him so he can go right outside first thing. I have a feeling it's going to be a LONG winter. He's not afraid of the slide. He can climb up the ladder and go down all by himself.
And probably his biggest accomplishment right now is that he's walking!!! Last Sunday Blake took him out because he was being loud during sacrament meeting and got Porter to take some steps on his own. Then during nursery (we took him a week early) I came in to check on things and I look down and see him walking towards a toy in the middle of the room. It was so exciting!! We have been kind of worried at how reluctant he's been about not wanting to walk at all. It's been almost a week, and each day Porter gets more sure of himself and walks more during the day instead of crawling. Way to go bud!
6 comments:
Who hoo for porter!! I read the whole blog and caught up on everything... I loved the Maine posts and got a little tears at all five of us in the kitchen. You described it perfectly that it was surreal having us all there and we didn't want to go to bed and miss a minute. Love you!
Who hoo for porter!! I read the whole blog and caught up on everything... I loved the Maine posts and got a little tears at all five of us in the kitchen. You described it perfectly that it was surreal having us all there and we didn't want to go to bed and miss a minute. Love you!
What a little cutie! Those chairs you were sitting in look super comfy! I want some! I love the pics of him trying to drink from the sprinkler.
I think Aidan & Porter would be great partners in crime!!! Aidan NEVER stops moving!!! He is also at the stage where he has to explore & get into everything!! I am very jealous of how much sleep Porter gets!! If Aidan went to bed that early my house would be so much cleaner & organized!!! CONGRATS on walking!!!
I love the sprinkler photos. He's a hoot! Congrats on the walking accomplishment :) Ruby is just a scooter - and is not really pulling herself up to anything yet. I think we'll also be in the 18th month walking club :)
Oh, one more thing....I your Lakeside Retreat reunion looked awesome!!!! What a fantastic place for a large family gathering. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with family.
Post a Comment