Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Birthday Boy!

Porter's birthday was really fun this year. My mom and brother Jared came out to spend the weekend and Blake's parents were also in town to celebrate with us. And this little birthday boy had no idea that this year his birthday was a triple whammy: Groundhog's Day, the Superbowl, and it was his Golden Birthday (2 on the 2nd).
 Porter loves dogs, so when I saw this idea for making "pupcakes" I knew I had to attempt to make them for his birthday.

 Porter's birthday dinner was easy: pizza and a veggie tray. The big hit was the gallon of chocolate milk pinch brought to put in his sippy cup.

 Porter loves books, especially Clifford the Big Red Dog. A new Clifford book and a Clifford stuffed animal made his night!

 But NOTHING compared to what wrapped inside this present:





 We were able to get him off of it long enough to open Jared and Nonna's gift: some new hotwheels cars, puzzles, and new books.

Porter was having a hard time deciding whether or not he could handle getting off his new toy to have us sing to him, so we just brought the cupcake to him. He even blew out his own candles! 

When it came time to eat it, however. he could not be persuaded to leave his motorcycle to sit at the table and eat it. He'd get off long enough to run over and grab a small bite, then run back to sit on his new toy. He cried his little heart out when it was time for bed and he had to leave it behind.

He had his well-child doctor's visit yesterday. He is 35 inches tall (75th percentile) and 26.11 pounds (40th percentile).

Brooke also had her 5 year well child visit today (I always wait until I can bring them both in at the same time, so much less of a headache!) She is 43.4 inches tall (75th percentile) and weighs 40 lbs (40th percentile). Do you notice a trend with my kids? They have been in these percentiles since they were born pretty much. Tall and thin kiddos!

Catching snowflakes during our last snowstorm
 Our mini snowman :)
 It's been a weekly fight for Brooke to keep her sweater on at church. She always says "But I'm sweaty!"

Here's to TWO years old for my little man! Hopefully this year is terriffic and not terrible!

2 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

What a fun celebration!! I love the cupcakes!!! I think Porter looks so much like you, but his eyes have always reminded me of your mom. Big, blue and beautiful!

Ryker has always had similar percentile rankings, and Ruby is following suit. I really am curious to see if that holds true when they are older. Maybe you've heard of it, but there is a equation you can use on the child's second birthday to estimate what their height will be at adulthood. I did it with Ryker and will have to do the same with Ruby.

Now if we can somehow make sure your third child (if there's to be one :) can avoid the tundra months of winter for a birthday :) Heehee!

Happy Birthday, Porter!

Our ABC Family said...

What a fun birthday! I love your cupcakes you made for him, so darling! That's awesome that you were able to have some family come out and celebrate with you! He sure is a cutie and I can't believe he's 2! Happy Birthday Porter!