Courtney: Life seems like it's going at full speed right now. Hard to believe the school year is almost over for me and we're down to the last 3 months. I feel like I just started the year with my students yesterday. After my stress fracture in September, I'm attempting to run again with slow results. Pretty sad that I could run 13.1 miles 6 months ago, but now running 2 miles leaves me feeling like I might die on the side of the road. Finding the time to run is hard, and so is finding the motivation. But since summer is coming and that means lots of days spent at the lake in a swimsuit, I better find that motivation fast!
Blake and I had a fun weekend without the kids recently. They spent the night with Nonna while we went to see the comedian Brian Regan. We had a great dinner at Tucano's first, followed by some shopping, then a night at the show on the 2nd row. We loved every second of it and it reminded us that we need to get away more often.
Brooke: Loves preschool and her friends and is really excited for kindergarten next year. Would wear her PJs or swimsuit everyday if I'd let her and sometimes getting ready in the morning is quite the challenge.
Some recent Brooke funnies:
- "Mom, we have two new rules. One's about privacy and the others about popcorn. We need privacy when going to the bathroom and no stealing other people's popcorn."
- As she was trying to ride her bike up a hill, "Wait for me! I'm running out of gas!"
- She knocked on our bedroom door one morning and Blake and I didn't answer right away. Finally, I opened the door to find her standing in the hallway with her backpack on. She said, "Since you didn't answer the door, I thought I could go on a vacation."
Porter: I am loving that the weather has been nice enough lately that the kids can play outside! This boy could spend all day outside. This makes me happy thinking about the summer. Hopefully he's easy to keep busy. He's also recently discovered movies. He loves to watch them (which is why I hope playing outside this summer will also be a blessing, otherwise he'd just be a couch potato). Still has his car obsession. Now its morphed into walking around parking lots, touching other people's car while saying "car" to each one. Since getting his ride-on car for his birthday last month, he thinks all of his toys should be ride-ons too. He was disappointed when he sat on the stuffed horse and nothing happened.
| Brooke picked her own outfit. Can you tell? ;) |
| Porter loves riding his car around the yard |
3 comments:
love brooke's rules
I love Brooke's sayings. I'm glad you are recording them. I never wrote down my girl's cute things they'd say because I was sure I'd remember them. Ha! I realized by the time Ryan started saying cute things and I wrote down everything at that point!
I love the update on your busy lives! I also love the fact you let Brooke be who she wants to be and express herself with her own choice of outfits :) Jocie would wear jammies all day if she could too.
Post a Comment