Blake and I have been pretty content with life. It's been just that right amount of normal mixed in with enough crazy to keep us on our toes. Of course, that's when life throws us a surprise!
To say that we were surprised is a huge understatement. But as we've talked about this, we really feel like Heavenly Father had a hand in this. Blake and I have both had feelings that there was a 3rd spirit waiting to come to our family. We were kind of in denial about it and content on just waiting another year (or two). I think if it had been left up to us, it may never have happened. We are excited, but nervous too. It definitely means some big changes to our family dynamic and schedule. Brooke is starting kindergarten in the fall so that just adds to the craziness of it all. I've heard baby #3 is the curve ball and Porter is a big-time mama's boy so I predict some major jealousy issues when the new baby comes in October (just in time for Halloween, my favorite holiday).
We told Blake's family earlier in April. Blake's dad is always teasing us that Porter wants to be a big brother. So I bought him the shirt he's wearing in the above picture and took him to a picnic dinner we had. It didn't take long for them to figure it out!
6 comments:
Congrats!! What an exciting time for your family, even if it was unplanned!! Hope you're feeling well!
This is fantastic news! So happy and excited for your whole family! I hear you on the waiting another year (or two)....We are in the same boat. I want one more, just can't get the gumption to want be pregnant again. Three years is a good spread and seemed to work out well for you :) -- I'm thinking we may shoot for four - haha! Best wishes for the pregnancy. I think October is an excellent birthday month! And hey, without even trying you avoided December ;)
Okay, I just read your Sage Soapbox post and WOAH - crazy people! Who would have guessed, right?? I appreciated your perspective given the current controversy. Interestingly, I work for Medicaid which is also in the middle of Affordable Care Act controversy. The quote "a man convinced against his will, will be of the same opinion still...." is the best way to address those that commented and don't know you from Adam. They are just looking to stir the pot but will never change their own opinion. Like I said, I appreciate your thoughts!!!
So excited for you guys! #3 makes life a little interesting indeed, but you will quickly fall in to a new schedule and all will be well! Congratulations again!!! :)
I have loved having 3 kids. It is busy, but it is awesome. Don't let people scare you with their negative comments. You will be just fine. I feel like I finally started to become the mother I always wanted to be after Maren came along. Congrats! Happy for you guys!
Yay!! Congrats!! I thought three was no harder than two. Hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment