It been a tradition for the last 3 years for me to make the kids' costumes. I really love doing it and seeing them all come together: A Mermaid, Pirate, and Shark
Trying to get a good picture of all three of them was pointless.
The next week started the plethora of Halloween activities. The boys and I went to the library halloween party. In this picture is Porter with his good friend Sam and some other random boy who asked to be in the picture. Sure, why not?
Grant got his first taste of Halloween candy. I had to bribe him because he was not happy about being kept in the stroller.
On Thursday was Porter's class party at preschool and Friday was Brooke's class party. We finally decided to carve our pumpkins Thursday night.
Brooke was a champ! We helped her a little bit, but she mostly drew and cut out her own pumpkin all by herself.
I was trying to get a picture of Grant in his little "My First Halloween Outfit" (even though technically it isn't his first Halloween). I bought this outfit for Brooke and all of my kids have worn it.
Saturday was the BIG DAY. Not only did we have family pictures taken that morning, we celebrated Grant's birthday at lunchtime and then got ready for trick or treating that night.
Can you believe it's Oct. 31 and we're out trick or treating without coats? Eventually we did have to wear them, but it was nice to be able to walk around the neighborhood without being bundled up. The kids were so cute and excited to go to each door. Porter would run back to Blake and I to show us his treat. And maybe it was because we partied hard all week long, but after a few streets in the neighborhood both kids said they were done and wanted to go home. (Part of that was due to someone handing out cans of soda which made their buckets heavy too). Porter and Brooke both liked helping me hand out candy at home.
Poor Grant, in the stroller again! Next year buddy you'll be out with the older kids!
Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment