Sunday, January 31, 2016

Grant is 15 months!

 Grant turned 15 months old on January 29. He had his check up and weighs 19.15 pounds (5th percentile) and is 31 inches tall (above 50th percentile). He is finally getting another tooth--his top right tooth--making the total tooth count a whopping 3! Even though he so small weight wise, he loves to eat! He is constantly signing "milk" which he uses interchangeably as milk or eat. He will also occasionally sign "more" and "all done" (but mostly when he's done eating he just starts throwing his food on the floor) After he's done with meal, he'll come over to where Blake and I are eating and beg for food off our plates. And since he's the baby and he's totally spoiled, we usually give in and just feed him from our plates. He went through a horrible sleeping pattern in January where he'd wake up randomly during the night screaming his head off. I'd go in, thinking something was wrong or he was sick, and he'd just be so mad! He'd push away from me if I tried to hold him. If I tried to give him his binky or a drink he'd throw it on the floor. It got to the point where I just started to ignore him (the best I could amid the screaming) because going in and trying to help him didn't do any good. He's finally come out of it--thank goodness! And is sleeping through the night once again. He's a super napper too and will wait patiently in his bed for me to come get him when nap time is over. He's so friendly and loves to play peek a boo with us and with any stranger he sees around town.

Grant is also a climber. We have to be careful to push in the kitchen chairs or he'll get on the table. And sometimes even if they're pushed in, that doesn't stop him from trying anyway!

 Grant's big accomplishment earlier in the month was walking! He's taken about 5 or 6 unassisted steps, but since then he's shown almost no interest in walking anymore. I'm sure he'll warm up to it soon. At his check up, the doctor suggested we encourage him to walk. I nodded in agreement, but in my mind I was like "I'm okay if isn't walking right now" Besides the fact that I'm afraid what mischief he'll get in with two free hands, I want him to stay my baby just a little while longer.
Like I said, Grant is our super eater. He loves when we make pop-corn.



 He also loves his books. Especially the touchy-feely ones or lift the flap. When I show him a regular book, he always tries to touch the pages like there should be texture or a flap and then when there's not, throws it on the floor.


 More walking practice
 Love this boy of mine and he loves his baths! In the tub Grant plays with little plastic ball. He tries to get the ball into the drain hole and doesn't understand why the ball just floats to the top when he lets it go. He keeps trying and trying.

 And finally, Grant observes his brother and sister playing outside while he's stuck in the house. He loves to lick the glass while he watches.
 Grant totally rocks his baby mullet.
Oh baby boy, you are at such a fun stage right now. I can just see the way your eyes light up when you discover something new. You love going down the slide, wrestling with daddy, and rolling or throwing the ball back and forth. You are very curious and I never know what you're getting into next!

No comments: