I feel like Brooke has really grown up a lot this year. She's able to get out and do more things with Blake outdoors, which makes him really happy to share his hobbies with her. She has always been a daddy's girl and they've really developed a special bond going on outings together.
Going mountain biking along a single-track dirt trail:
They hiked 4 miles along the river together
And went hunting together this weekend. They camped in the mountains and were on the search for a doe and found one!
Brooke is definitely a lot more outdoorsy than I ever was growing up (I have really had to learn to get outside my comfort zone being married to Blake and feel like I've come a long ways in our 13 years of marriage). I love that she loves her dad and is willing to try new things to spend time with him and is developing her own love of nature. I also love that she comes home and is excited about reading and art and making crafts. She loves to help cook, dance, sing, and loves when we let her "babysit" her younger brothers. It will be fun to see how all her hobbies/interests develop as she gets older.
1 comment:
Wow! Brooke is suddenly looking so old!! Your kids are sure cute. I'm glad you are still blogging! I feel like we are a dying breed, but I keep going because it's my only journal of my kids lives!
Post a Comment