Yay for another half marathon in the books! This is the 6th one I've done since I started running 10 years ago. This time our family traveled to Ogden to join both of Blake's sisters: Steph and Danielle, and Steph's daughter Katie on the course.
The night before the race was horrible, not going to lie. I was nervous so I already had a hard time falling asleep. Then, Blake's arms and face broke out in a horrible rash and he was itchy and uncomfortable all night long. He couldn't sleep and was up and down every couple of hours. I felt bad for him, but also knew I needed to try and rest and couldn't do too much. I think I got around 3 hours of sleep total. Ugh!
I met up with the rest of the group and we waited in line to load the buses. It's been a long time since I've done a race that had more than 1,000 people in it. The Half Marathon alone had almost 2,000 people and then there were even more who were doing the full marathon or 5K. The course was insanely crowded. When the start gun went off at 7am, it took us almost 20 minutes from our spot in the back of the line to even make it to start of the race!
Because Blake didn't know the course, I told him not to worry about trying to find me as I ran. With so many people, I don't think he would have been able to find me in the crowd anyway. But it was so fun to come through the finish line and see my family cheering from the stands!




No comments:
Post a Comment