We spent the Saturday before Easter at our favorite Easter Egg Hunt and the Dinosaur Museum. While waiting in line, the kids got to see the "Dippy" the dinosaur. Grant gave him a hug and then said, "I'm not scared of him anymore!"
We then went through the museum to collect eggs. At the end, the kids turn in their eggs and get a prize. Brooke picked a stuffed rabbit, Grant picked a toy helecopter, and Porter picked...a string. He was so excited about it too! Porter loves to invent stuff and tie things together, so a string was perfect for him.
After the egg hunt, we dyed Easter Eggs at home. The kids always have lots of fun doing this. Saturday night the "Easter Bunny" stayed up late filling plastic eggs with candy and then hiding them around the yard so when everyone woke up Sunday morning, there'd be eggs to find in the yard. I woke up early Sunday morning to the sound of rain coming down! I was so sad thinking all the candy in the eggs would be ruined, but thankfully they were all fine. It made for an interesting egg hunt in the rain, though!
My favorite part of Easter is having a special Family Home Evening lesson with the kids where we talk about Jesus' last week, his Atonement, Crucifixion, and Resurrection. I know that my Redeemer lives and through Him all heartaches in this life will one day end. Through Him, hope lives and I feel peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment