Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Before I get started with my post, I need to say "Thanks Dad and Carol for Brooke's cute outfit!"
Snuggling with dad before bed:
It's really windy here. Dried up leaves are blowing across the yard and across the road, tree branches are shaking as if waving hello, it's overcast...ahhh... the perfect Halloween atmosphere!
I don't know why I love this holiday so much, but I do. We finally decided to carve our pumpkin last night and of course Brooke had to be dressed appropriately to do so:
The only way to carve a pumpkin is with a jig saw! It cut our carving time in half. Brooke was scared of it though and clung to me the whole time it was on. (sorry this picture is blurry)I love this picture, even though her eyes are closed. Brooke sat in her high chair while we cleaned & carved the pumpkin just watching us with this very interested look on her face.The finished product:
Introducing our Little Miss Lady Bug:
Attempting to eat the pumpkin:We went to a Halloween party last week where Brooke met another lady bug friend:
It was super warm that day, so Brooke isn't wearing her hat
They had a cute backdrop to take pictures, but all Brooke cared about was watching the older kids jump on the trampoline and trying to eat a leaf!

We have another Halloween party tonight for Blake's work where he and I are both going in costume and then the trunk or treat on Saturday! Happy Halloween Everyone!

12 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

LOVE the Ladybug costume!!!! Very fitting for your little lady!

Brooke looks so big in the first photo. I think it is because she is standing up - it shows how long she is better than the sitting photos. Such a cutie pie.

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Oh my word could she be any cuter?? That is the PERFECT costume for her. Adorable...and that's a pretty awesome pumpkin I hate carving them I better invest in a jig-saw.

Aloha_Misty said...

Oh Hilarious! You gotta use the biggest tool for the job :) a jigsaw! Maybe next year. Brook looks so adorable. Love the outfit!

Jenilyn Anderson said...

What a cute little lady bug! I love that picture of Brooke and Blake right before bedtime. So cute. I love how you guys carved your pumpkin! We might have to try that since time is running out!

Hoenes Family said...

That is the cutest costume ever! What a great idea to carve your pumpkin with a jigsaw!

Nicole said...

I need a jig saw. I hate carving pumpkins. But then again I hate anything that creates unnecessary work.

Ryanne said...

Adorable Brooke-bug. I really like her costume. What are you and Blake going as tonight? Is he still going as an inmate:)

Anonymous said...

Brooke makes the cutest lady bug ever!!!! Just don't let Blake eat all her candy!

Merrell Family said...

How fun! What a cute girl you have. I just came upon your blog tonight and I've enjoyed reading all the fun things you've been up to. We need to get together soon :)

JNHWJBlack said...

Wade loved the pics, he laughed as we were looking at them. Cute little bug!

Air Force Blues said...

What a cute little ladybug. Oh and I agree, when you carve pumpkins they have to be dressed just right. :)

Our ABC Family said...

Very cute! :) I love reading your blog! I wish I were better at keeping up at mine. I have to say I love your idea with carving the pumpkin with the jigsaw. We ended up not actually carving this year, the pumpkins we got must have frozen or something because they turned black. Owell.......maybe next year :)