Saturday, January 16, 2010

I came home the other day from work and found Blake in the office working on a puzzle. I said, "Have you turned into an 80 year old lady?" We both started laughing and then he said, "I just need something to do while I'm home all day to keep from losing my sanity!" Ahhhh...validation. Now he knows how I felt when I was home all day. Needless to say, the puzzle has both got us addicted. We stayed up until almost 11 (on a school night) working on it.

Brooke is so close to walking! She is just a scardy-cat and needs Blake or I for support. Brooke and Blake walk the length of the sun room over and over.

Brooke also loves her pink princess pony (how's that for alliteration!) from Aunt Steph. Not only is it pink and princess, but it plays music too! It's Brooke's favorite thing to dance to.

I was trying to take some pictures of Brooke's tooth and of her playing, but all she wanted to do was come get the camera. She would be playing happily and then hear the camera go off and she'd race over with her tongue hanging out, climb up on me and try to touch the lense. She also discovered that a left over pine needle from the Christmas tree didn't taste very good.


11 comments:

Adrienne said...

she's so cute

The Sugar Loaf said...

What a great tool for walking-can't tell what it is but sure beats bending over all the time.
She is just getting too big. Her hair is growing and her little face is changing too. She is going to take off here before long. And next thing we know, you will have her on skiis. Just kidding-not till the year we get home or way after that and I wouldn't be able to watch.
Puzzles-80 year olds-ha. Glad your snagged!

Hoenes Family said...

I just had a little validation myself after being gone for 3 days! Isn't it nice!? That is so great Brooke is almost walking! My Brooke isn't even close! I love the pics, she is so cute. Oh, and I love to do puzzles. It's great fun.

Kristin Wilkerson said...

She is so cute. It's so fun when they start walking.

Nicole said...

I am so glad I got my Brooke fix for the week. I love the pine needle taste face (what am assuming is that face) in the collage. Should we get Blake some Modge Podge for his puzzle? Although, I have to admit, I love puzzles, but lack the space to leave it up untouched. Soon I will fulfill my 80 year old wanna be yearnings... when Olivia hits 3rd grade.

Anonymous said...

Good job Brooke! I thought those were antlers she was holding on too. I wouldn't put it past Blake. Miss you guys!

Sarah H. said...

Jed and I thought about going a puzzle, but we don't have a place to put it in our little place. We almost bought a card table but decided against it. It would be a great Alaskan-winter time killer!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

I love puzzles! And Pinochle... Which puts me at age 84. It's cool! Brooke is getting so big. She's adorable!

Courtney said...

Puzzles are awesome! I've been saying I want to do one for the last two years. Maybe I will start one next week... if I can find time.

Love your hair, by the way!

Kolbi Young said...

It is so good for the hubbies to have some experience at the the stay-at-home parent role. Very exhausting.....but I love the puzzle option - haha! I'll have to tell Tyler!

Kolbi Young said...

It's me again....just reading the newspaper this morning and saw a Vernal middle school teacher was arrested today. Thought of you, wondering if you knew him. Crazy how things like this can hit close to home! Hope all is well!