I just got home from work so it definitely doesn't look as good as it did before I dealt with 60 kids all day long, but you get the idea. It's longer in the front and stacked shorter in the back. Pretty much it's just barely long enough for me pull back into a ponytail.
Who cares? You may wonder. I have had long hair forever (even though you wouldn't know it since I usually wore it up almost everyday) and my sister knows that chopping my hair off is a huge deal for me. And since we no longer live 20 minutes apart (more like 3000 miles) and I cannot show it off in person... I must blog about it. That's what blogs are for, right? For a good before and after shot, refer to the picture of Brooke and I on my sidebar. I am loving the shorter hair.Brooke got a new hairdo as well. I went to pick her up from the sitters the other day and her teenage daughter decided to see if Brooke's hair was long enough for a little pony tale, turns out it was!
Here's to new hairdos!
Okay, enough of the hair. If for some reason the hair post didn't scare any male readers away, this sure will (TMI alert!!) So I was at Wal-Mart today after work buying some "womanly supplies" and that was the only thing on my list to get. But I had to get a full size shopping cart because Brooke was with me. So I'm heading over to the aisle and I am thinking "Oh please don't let any of my students see me!" The bright blue packaging is going to make for an awkward moment. I mean, teachers are supposed to be robots and live at the school, not be shopping at Wal-Mart and especially not for anything that has to do with bodily functions. So I head over to that section and there is a woman there with her husband and the woman is explaining to her husband all about the different kind of flows women get and why there are different types of tampons. The man says, "I still think a popsicle stick some toilet paper will work just fine." I'm sure he was joking but I couldn't help thinking to myself "You might be a redneck if..." Anyway, so the weirdo couple finally leaves and all of a sudden I hear: "Hi Mrs. M!" I turn around and low and behold 2 of my students are right there. Luckily both of them girls, but trust me there was no small talk or fawning over Brooke. I said my hello and got the heck out of there, making a beeline for the register and passing a fellow male teacher on my to the cashier!
15 comments:
I love your hair!
The joys of living in a small town and having one Walmart that everyone shops at and socializes. I hated buying those supplies. When I was out of town, I would stalk up so I am sure the clerk thought I must really have a problem.
Courtney, your hair is so great on you. I love the color too. You must look like one of the middle schoolers. That was meant to be a compliment.
You always look good though. And Brooke's little pony is so fluffy. Oh she is getting big. Slow her down until we get home. Love you all!
Your hair is fab! Ahhh, the vernal walmart. Something awkward ALWAYS happens there for me.
That is a hilarious story! Is there some theory about seeing people when you don't want to? Because it always seems to happen. When my house is clean, no one randomly stops by.......but when it's messy, they do!? Weird. Love the hair. Looks great.
I love your hair! Thanks for posting it. And yes, it is exactly what I am growing my hair out for. So we will look like twins at the wedding.
So is being a teacher in a small town kinda like being a celebrity? Do you have to wear sunglasses and watch for paparazzi? I am going to do a post on these gross things I found on etsy that have to do with womanly things...I will try to get to it this morning.
your hair is beautiful on you. :)
hehe :) I was totally thinking the same thing, "You might be a redneck if...."
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair. It looks so good on you.
Love the hair! My hair is so fine and flat, it would never look good with your cut - in my dreams :)
You could have refered the weirdos in the womanly hygiene aisle to the cloth pads Nicole posted about. They are they crazies that would possibly do such a thing - ha!
Love, love your hair! And I totally missed that you're teaching again! I'm going to scroll down and see if I can find more info. :-)
Your hair is so cute. Some times you just need a change. It's been so long since I've had long hair so I am trying to grow it out again.
Ha ha! That sort of happened to me last year. I went to the midnight showing of Twilight in my pajamas and and I ran into my 15-year old student! It was pretty embarassing. My professionalism went right out the window!
Love the hair! I guess you know if you live in a small town if... :)
First off, love the hair! Way cute! :) I love the story about walmart as well! Isn't it great we all have those embarassing moments sometimes. :)
I always love get the biggest kick out of your blog. When I was going to go to Russia, I had to pack enough girly products to last for 18 months. I made my mom take me LATE at night to Smiths. We had a cart FILLED with the stuff. Talk about embarrassing! My suitcase was jam-packed with them too. If that zipper would have broken...oh, the embarrasement with all those elders around.
Love the hair! Good to know that there are good stylist in Vernal. By the way...good book I just finished "Kabul Beauty School".
Give Blake and Brooke a kissy...cute little tooth.
Cute haircut! I understand too. I've always had long hair until Aug. and then I whacked mine off and it was hard. It's already growing back to long again. But you pull it off really well. I didn't have fun with it!
Post a Comment