*I thought going back to work would help me not have so many "DUH!" moments, but no such luck. On Friday at lunch I was talking to another teacher and walked over to a table, opened a diet coke that was just sitting there, and started drinking out of it. The other teacher gave me such a surprised look. I always buy a diet coke with my lunch and couldn't figure out what the big deal was. Then I realized I hadn't bought mine yet! I had opened and was drinking the other teacher's drink!
*At Smith's yesterday I paid for my grocery's and was organizing my cart when some change came out of the automatic coin counter. I scooped it up and the cashier said to me "Um ma'am, you paid with a debit card, that change is for this customer behind you!" I felt so dumb!!
*For our Relief Society Christmas Party, instead of white elephant gifts, we did a service exchange. The service I got was a free family portrait from a photographer in our ward. We took our pictures on Wednesday and I just ordered the prints so I'll post them soon. I am so happy to have an updated family picture. Usually it's just Brooke with one parent (usually me).
*I finally got my act together and put all of Brooke's videos of her first year on one DVD. I have also switched to digital scrapbooking so my goal is to do one page a month and then print it out in a book at the end of each year. Blogging definitely helps with this.
*Brooke will be 13 months on the 17th! I can no longer say to people, "oh she just turned one" when they ask how old she is. Brooke is heading full speed ahead towards toddlerhood.
*She still only has one tooth and still fits in 6-12 mo clothes. She is so long and thin that 12-18 mo clothes are too loose on her, but 6-12 pants are floods. Poor girl.
*Will walk if Blake or I holds her hands, but no sign of independent standing or walking yet
*Brooke loves games. Before, games were one sided, but now she has been interacting with us playing "peek a boo" and chasing each other.
*She is always doing funny things to make Blake and I laugh. It's given us a new perspective on the world to see how Brooke discovers new things (like licking the windows)
12 comments:
glad you posted! I love the videos of Brooke. Her milk is so cute. And she loves her play house. I am so sorry you drank another teachers diet coke! At least it wasn't opened already. That would have been gross.
I have had so many "duh" moments! I loved your stories. They made me laugh right out loud. I am glad Brooke can sign! That is such a great thing. She sure is a cutie. I love your hair too. I can't wait to see your family pictures.
That diet coke story is hilarious! You should post a picture of your new hair cut. I bet it is way cute!
Oh duh! You did post a picture. I didn't even see that there! It is way cute!
I love your hair! And I also love the picture of Brooke licking the window. I could see myself doing the Smith's change thing. Either that or I would forget to take my change.
I think everyone has those moments. I have my fair share of them. Brooke is so cute. I'm so glad she loves to play in her playhouse.
Will you give Crenda my e-mail and have her invite me to her blog. Thanks.
Thanks for the update. It came at a time when I really needed it.
Pinch
Jack is the same way with clothes...and I just discovered adjustable waist pants!! Love them!
You have the new cut in the picture right? It looks cute. Here's to ordinary January days!
Honestly, she can't get any prettier. What a little busy body. How do you two get anything done playing with her? What a great way to go though! I just want to squeeze those little cheeks and give her a huge hug.
She is so CUTE! I love the picture of her eating the window. After being able to read about Brooke, I have NEVER wanted a little girl this bad. She is beautiful.
I love your "duh" moments. Thanks for giving me a chuckle. Don't worry though! I quickly stopped laughing when I remembered our first "meeting" and my HORRIBLE duh moment. We don't have to relive it. :)
Post a Comment