Saturday, February 20, 2010
Love this Girl!
As a new parent, Blake and I are constantly in a reality check like "whoa, can you believe we are parents?" After 5 years of it being just the two of us, we cannot believe how much our lives have changed in just 14 months. And most days are just normal days: we live, we laugh, we get frustrated, we cry. And some days, like today, I am overcome with emotion for how much I love this girl. I just want to hold her in my arms all day and snuggle and kiss her cheeks over and over again. I love her curiosity and laughter. I love seeing the world through her eyes. For example, today Blake shaking out a new garbage bag to replace the old one threw Brooke into a fit of giggles on the kitchen floor:
Brooke was in such a silly mood today! She is constantly making Blake and I laugh at the things she does:
Brooke turned 14 months this week. She still loves music and to dance. She loves any kind of game you will play with her. She has had a cold and believe it or not, loves to have her nose sucked out with the blue bulb syringe. She laughs while I am sucking her nose out and when I am finished she will stick her face out like "do it again!" She is still not walking and only has her two bottom teeth so far. Her silly mood and the fact she was wearing a cute outfit, made today perfect for a little photo shoot of our growing girl (you can click on the pics to make them bigger).

And this is my own little tribute to Daisy, who was Brooke's best bud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
It's no wonder you love her she is such a doll! Daisy looked like she was amazing with Brooke, I'm sure she will be missed!!
She is so dang cute! And I am not biased one bit. Miss you guys like crazy!
I must have missed it, what happened to Daisy? Brooke is so cute and I am jealous she likes having her nose suctioned, hope she gets over that cold soon.
She is so adorable. I think that is crazy she loves to have her nose sucked out with a bulb syringe! I only WISH my girls did! I am so sorry to hear about Daisy.
She is adorable!! She looks like such a sweet and happy baby! I am so sorry to hear about your dog. That is always so hard.
This is so fun to watch the two of them. Yes, what did happen to Daisy? She has been part of the family. Let us know. Give Brooke another juicy kiss from Grams. Won't be as good as Daisy's though.
Since I keep track of you on FB I know what happened to Daisy. She looks like such a great dog. Tara was like that, if she would have just stopped jumping the fences. Champ, is lucky to be alive after his feast of cupcakes last week. I also loved how being parents changed my life too. They are so funny! And I want to smoosh Brooke's cheeks too!
It cracks me up that she likes the bulb syringe. Very cute. And what happened to Daisy? Did I miss it?
She is so BEAUTIFUL! I hope one day I have a little girl as cute as her! I cannot believe she loves the bulb syringe! :)
The video made me tear up a little. I am glad you have it though. It is something special you can show Brooke when she is older. I just cannot believe you found this dog. She is so good with Brooke. She acts like she grew up with Brooke all her life and loves having her around. She is even mindful of her tail so she doesn't whip sweet little Brooke in the face. I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I hope one day we find a dog who will love our kids this much.
Brooke is such a cutie! I love those days you just when everything is just silly to them! Such cute pictures!
Courtney I must tell you how very much I appreciate you blogging. It is the best TV program we have here. (Since the only program we can get is conference.) No offense Brethren but my Granddaughter is so much more fun to watch.
I can't believe how fast she is growing. She is so adorable. I love how kids can get the biggest kick out of the smallest thing. There is something about garbage bags for sure.
o.k. well this is the umpteenth time we have watched the video and read the blog. The family blogs are truly so enjoyable to us. Thanks for always putting on your activities. We just can't get over how big she is. Standing up and doing things just makes us realize how long we have been gone. Thank you!
Post a Comment