Monday, April 12, 2010

Can't Get Enough...

Of this book:
If you are like me and love the Hunger Games series, you are probably well aware and counting down the days until the 3rd book is released on August 24, 2010. I use Scholastic book orders in my classroom and was so excited when I opened the May book order to find that you can pre-order the 3rd book for only $13!! No shipping! They will mail it to your house on the release date. If you can find a better offer, please let me know. And if you would like to participate in this offer and help me earn bonus points which I use to buy books for my classroom you can by mailing me a check for $13 made out to Scholastic (and your address so the book is mailed to you!) by the end of April and I will submit your order with the rest of my students' orders. I promise not to run off with your money :) Happy reading!

I also can't get enough of this girl:
The weather has been so nice lately, I just couldn't resist taking some pics of Brooke outside playing. I can already tell this is going to be such a fun summer. Brooke is really into exploring and loves playing with rocks!

She carried the container of chalk around with her all over the yardThis is a woman with a mission! She knows right where to go!
And for some reason, Brooke can't get enough of Gunner. She calls him "pa-pa" and lights up just looking at these pictures. That is, she loves him when he is in his kennel or she is safely indoors looking at him through the window. When he is not in his kennel, she is terrified of him and clings to me like he going to eat her.Perhaps you are wondering at Gunner's snazzy new haircut? Gunner ran away a few days ago and we could not find him. Blake went out searching for him and this lady heard him calling for his dog. She ran out and told him that they had taken him in and were planning to keep him so they shaved him because they thought he was hot. Doesn't he look so ridiculous? We laugh every time we see him.
Oh you poor, poor dog...

10 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

HOT???!!! It just snowed there for pete sake! What crazy lady! Brooke is adorable. My Brooke also loves to play with rocks and sidewalk chalk.

The Crace's said...

What a ridiculous haircut. Poor dog!

Sarah H. said...

I think that crazy lady was just getting ready to eat him! Seriously?! That is so crazy, who does that?! I mean who does that to even their own pets? That is a very suspicious hair cut! I think you saved Gunner's life...just in the nick of time!

Nicole said...

JaDee was like, "How long was he gone? Yeah, that lady had to be crazy. Maybe she was trying to turn gunner into a poodle, becasue seriously, if your going to shave a hairy dog, shave his feet to keep them out of the mud! There is a sheep dog we see at school who now has his feet shaved because of this. anyway, love little Brooke and the rocks. She needs a bucket to put all her rocks in. and can't wait for the book. If I remember, I think I will send you a check for that!

Anonymous said...

You should be so glad actually! We shave Mella every spring and it is totally expensive! You won't have to deal with the shedding!!

Brooke you are growing up too fast! Such a little cutie!

Carolyn said...

That seems a little creepy. I wonder if she was telling the truth. I agree with Sarah H. Maybe dog was on the menu...
And Brooke looks very springy. How fun!

Ryanne said...

I can't believe some people! They were just going to keep him! I didn't know the details of Mockingjay yet, I was just thinking about it the other day. I'll check with Reggie but I think we might be ordering it with you. I can't wait!

Cara said...

Oh wow, they did go a little overboard on the haircut! He looks ridiculous! Brooke is adorable. I love her outfit. I took pictures of Kate outside today too because it finally warmed up in Logan!

Courtney said...

WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT WOMAN THINKING?! Poor dog. Brooke is so beautiful. I love her personality. She looks so big! I can't believe she is only in the 50th percentile. She looks so tall to me. Is it wrong for a virtual stranger to adore your daughter so much? Just say the word and I will keep it to myself. :)

If I bought books, I would so take you up on that offer! I am a little cheap though. I figure if I bought all the books I wanted to read, I would be poor. So I wait at the library. I am already on the waiting list for that book. Even though I am only now reading Catching Fire.

The Sugar Loaf said...

I hope Brooke doesn't ever run away. Man this lady is nuts. What is her name so I can kill her when I come home. Or better still, give her a new do!