Saturday, April 17, 2010

When Will I Learn...

That Brooke is my permanent bathroom buddy
Seriously. If Blake isn't around, I always leave the door cracked open a little so I can hear if she gets into mischief. I should just leave it wide open. Or better yet, just bring her in there with me in the first place because she always pushes her way through and wants to be a part of what is going on in there--even if I don't! It's fun trying to take care of myself plus keep Brooke from playing with the toilet paper, toilet cleaning brush, and trying to keep her from climbing into the bathtub all from a sitting position. (TMI, I know. But let's not pretend we don't know what goes in a bathroom)

How to dress myself
I've seen TV specials where 40-50 year olds are still trying to pretend they are teenagers and dress way too young for their age. I have the total opposite problem. I don't want to dress young. But it's not like I want to dress too old either. I like to wear cute clothes, but not necessarily something that has "AE" or "Hollister" plastered all over it. I don't want people thinking I am still in high school. I have enough problem with people thinking I am still in middle school! Case and point: Friday is dress down day at school. The teachers wear jeans and polo shirts. I had lunch duty and saw this kid trying to run down the hallway so he could jump and grab onto the door frame. I started yelling at him to stop and he ignored me. I went up to him reprimanded him for not stopping when I told him to. His response: "I didn't know you were a teacher. I thought you were a student!" So, where do I find cute clothes that my students aren't also wearing? (I've had that happen to me before, and I'm not sure who was more mortified: me or the student.) And don't say JCrew or Banana Republic. I love their clothes, but they are not exactly budget friendly.

To just take some pills for my headache already!
I started getting a headache Thursday night and figured I just need to get some sleep. Friday morning it was still there. I thought maybe I should just drink more water. Nope. Finally today, I took some Ibuprofen and 30 minutes later feel great! What took me so long?

To remember things
A few months ago we called our car insurance agent to make some changes to our policy. He asks "Do you want to change your homeowner's insurance too?" Immediately I thought Oh Crap! We had never cancelled it when sold our house! Oops.

Have you learned anything new recently? And if you haven't read my sister's post on "Think like a blog" you should, because it's totally true. I did it with this post. Been thinking about for a couple of days now!

7 comments:

The Crace's said...

Have fun with your bathroom buddy. It gets even better when they can narrate what you are doing!

Hoenes Family said...

I love my bathroom buddies :( I have started to have to make a situation as safe as possible before I enter the bathroom. Then I shut the door and see little fingers under the door and yells of MAMA! I read your sisters blog, that is too funny. I totally speak "Blog-ese"!

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

Thanks for the fun post. You always have a great way of putting things. I love the sitting on the toilet thing...so true.

About the dressing like a kid thing..I'm 2 years from 40 and love my AE sweatshirts and teenager junk...I think I am one of those people you were talking about! AHHH! HELP! Actually, have you every been to a DownEast store. They have lots of fun clothes...especially skirts and shirts. Sometimes you can get a good deal there too. But actually, don't forget your old stomping grounds...and my favorite... THE D.I.! Next time you are in Logan I am taking you shopping there. They have some cute clothes! You can use my washing machine before you wear them.

Love you guys. Miss you tons.
Steph

Nicole said...

Well I have to say that J Crew and Banana were exactly who I was thinking of before you told me not to say them. Because Grown up clothes have grown up prices. Sorry sis. The next best bet is Gap and Ann Taylor Loft but check the outlet website. I am personally loving this cute white button down print shirt from Gap. Oh and Shade has cute stuff too. I think I should fly down and we should stay at Ben's while they are still gone and go shopping.

Kolbi Young said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post! As for the bathroom buddy, I've learned that this is the new fun place to explore....now that Ryker is mobile. I was hoping the excitement would fade over time. It doesn't sound like it.....

As for dressing, I am of no assistance. My mom dresses younger and more trendier than I do. So, I've given up.....My motto: Shoes and purses are always the same size :) Hence my collection of both. However, Kohls is my favorite spot for clothes....the Vera Wang and Daisy Fuentes collections are a little more current :) Good luck!

Ryanne said...

Ahh, I thought of a ton of comments, but.. I like how you dress and that is so funny you got mistaken for a student. I hate having Jocie in with me in the bthroom but what do you do. When she was still sitting I had her sit on the counter while I did makeup. She's a little big for that though and fell off the counter head first last week. I caught her mid-air and broke her fall a little, yikes! Good luck with remembering, I get so mad at myself for forgetting stuff like that.

The Sugar Loaf said...

Courtney, just between us girls, what does the shirt mean? I don't get it.