Here is a little about B. at 2 and a half years old:
Favorite question: "What you doing?" Blake and I get bombarded with this question all.day.long. Although, her next most frequent question, "What's that?" might just take the lead soon.
Favorite Color: Orange. Everything must be orange
Favorite Activity: hmmmm... right now she is going through a phase where she is interested in something for 10 minutes and then wants to do something else. That has been my biggest frustration this summer. Especially when we get the pool out and get her in her swimsuit and then she just wants to go inside! grr....But if I had to choose it would be playing with playdough. I finally bought a playdough set with all the cutting tools and cookie cutters to make shapes and it was the best $10 I ever spent.
Favorite Food: who knows. I can never get this girl to eat! Recently she's been eating turkey and cheese so I'll say that.
Favorite Movie: She's finally done watching Nemo, Monster's Inc and Tangled all the time and now likes to watch either Mulan (BooWan is how B. says it) or Peter Pan. It's cute because Brooke says "Peetah", making it sound British like they do in the movie.
Other Favorites: singing, reading (we are doing the summer reading program at the library this year. For every 10 books we read, Brooke gets a prize. I've also started taking her to the library once a week to pick out books.), playing outside, and getting wet.
Other things to know about Brooke: she is so friendly! She says hi to everyone she sees and wants to play. I love that about her. She is also cute to say "see you later, alligator!" to everyone. And of course, she loves she loves her daddy! They are best buds!
This is the bike I got for Brooke that was $3!! Her feet are still a tad too short to reach the peddles, but she can grow into it this fall and use it next spring/summer before we upgrade to a small bike with training wheeels.
She has to be wherever dad is:
Helping pick peas in the garden
I told Brooke to show me her peas (meaning the ones she's holding in her hands) but she opened her mouth to show me the ones in her mouth instead.
And finally, I love this video! Brooke is usually to shy to sing on camera but this time we caught it! Blake and I each have different songs we sing to Brooke when we put her to bed. Blake sings "I am a Child of God" and Brooke has learned all the words just from listening each night. You might have to turn up your volume to hear, it was kinda windy outside.
PS-I am hoping that the next post will be something a bit more exciting!
7 comments:
What a wonderful, exciting blessing Brooke is to your family!! I always enjoy finding out what you have been up too!! Hopefully you continue to have a funfilled summer!!
Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Too cute! She is growing up so fast! Her and Aaden would get a long great! he too has to have everything be orange!
I love the Brooke update! She is so full of cuteness and funny moments.
Ryker's personality is moving from one thing to the next every 10 minutes. It is exhausting, but has been that way since he was an infant. So fun to hear Brooke's other favorites!! Such a sweet, cute girl!
that is awesome! I love the song (of course) but I also love the peas in her mouth and her with Blake on the back of the truck... it was SOOOO much fun to see you guys and to see Brooke in her own home. Thanks so much sis!
Love you!
I just cried to hear Brooke sing "I Am A Child of God". Thanks for teaching her so much this summer. You are such great parents. Love you. How blessed we are to have you near.
Post a Comment