I have a lot to blog about, but some posts are just going to have to wait until I can play catch-up a little bit ;)
My sister and her kids came to visit from Alaska so Brooke and I spent an entire week on the Wasatch Front staying with my mom and playing with them. It was also a good time to hang out with my other siblings who, although we live in the same state, I still do not see very often. My brother, Ben and his wife are moving to Maine at the end of July so it was fun to see them and do things with them before they go.
Before we left, on Thursday (June 23) was our first time out on the lake this year! I thought it was still pretty chilly and didn't even get in, but Brooke and Blake loved the water!

Friday (June 24) we drove to my mom's house and then met my sister and her family for dinner.

Friday (June 24) we drove to my mom's house and then met my sister and her family for dinner.Saturday (June 25) we went to the Farmer's Market in SLC and ate breakfast at this super yummy waffle place that I can't remember the name of but it was OH SO DELISH! We decided to spend the hot summer afternoon inside at Discovery Gateway.


I took Brooke here last winter when she was 14 months old. We had a good time but nothing like this time. Brooke was heaven! She wanted to do everything and had so much fun!
The kid sized grocery store was by far her favorite. She just ran around putting things in her shopping cart.



Saturday night we left the kids at home with my mom and Ben, Katie, Nicole and I headed to the SLC Art's Festival. There were some fun booths and "interesting" musical groups, but the food was the main attraction (at least for me). I really wanted to get one of these fruit kabobs dipped in white & milk chocolate.
Sunday (June 26) was church and Monday (June 27) I met my friend Sandy and her little girl for a day at the pool. (I didn't take any pics of that)

Carter and Brooke walking to Discovery Gateway. Brooke was very smitten with Carter.

I took Brooke here last winter when she was 14 months old. We had a good time but nothing like this time. Brooke was heaven! She wanted to do everything and had so much fun!
The kid sized grocery store was by far her favorite. She just ran around putting things in her shopping cart.


Playing in the tree house & sitting in the helicopter (Brooke is obsessed with airplanes and helicopters so she thought this was awesome!)
Saturday night we left the kids at home with my mom and Ben, Katie, Nicole and I headed to the SLC Art's Festival. There were some fun booths and "interesting" musical groups, but the food was the main attraction (at least for me). I really wanted to get one of these fruit kabobs dipped in white & milk chocolate.
Sunday (June 26) was church and Monday (June 27) I met my friend Sandy and her little girl for a day at the pool. (I didn't take any pics of that)Tuesday (June 28) we went to BYU and went bowling. This is the only picture I took, I need to get the rest from Nicole. I came in second and got two strikes during the game. My final score was 102. Nicole snuck up and beat me with a score of 103. We were pretty proud of ourselves that we beat a bunch of kids and did so well with the bumpers!
Wednesday (June 29) we met my brother Ben for breakfast at Ruth's Diner then headed to the zoo.

The girl's were spoiled and got to ride the merry go round twice. Brooke has been watching Little Einstein's lately and when the ride would start she shouted "Go Rocket!"

After the zoo Nicole and I snuck in some shopping at the gateway and on our way home were able to stop and see some other Utah cousins.
Wednesday (June 29) we met my brother Ben for breakfast at Ruth's Diner then headed to the zoo.
Brooke and Olivia sitting on the tigers
The girl's were spoiled and got to ride the merry go round twice. Brooke has been watching Little Einstein's lately and when the ride would start she shouted "Go Rocket!"
After the zoo Nicole and I snuck in some shopping at the gateway and on our way home were able to stop and see some other Utah cousins.Thursday (June 30) was a trip to Coldstone and playing at the park with the girls while the uncles took the nephews to see a movie.





Nicole, Katie, and Olivia

Brooke loved her ice cream!
Friday (July 1) we headed home and and as soon as we pulled into town we met Blake and his family at the lake for another afternoon of boating. Brooke was even brave enough to ride the tube with daddy! Then we jumped right into the 4th of July adventures with Blake's side of the family.
*While on this trip Brooke learned how to climb out of her pack and play. This made for very interesting napping experiences. Once I put her down for a nap and 5 minutes later Brooke comes walking down the stairs saying "Mommy! I sleep good!" Yeah, right. Finally I put Brooke down and said "You are not to climb out of this!" And low and behold, for the rest of the trip she was so good and didn't climb out again!
6 comments:
Fun filled week! I'm so glad you were able to spend some quality time with Nicole and family. It was so great to see you all...and see Brooke in action!
You asked about the backpack....Ryker was fine once he realized that he wasn't getting out. He sat back and drank his juice, pointing things out. And then we made sure to let him out to run and throw rocks every so often. Tyler didn't mind carrying him, he's really only 5-7 lbs heavier than he was last year. And we didn't go on too strenuous of hikes for two reasons - so it wouldn't kill Tyler's back and so that the terrain wasn't too dangerous so when Ryker needed to get down it would be safe ;) Happy Hiking!
Wow, that sounds like so much fun! Brooke is getting so big, and her hair is getting long! I'm sure it was great to hang out with Nicole.
YEAH! A post! I have missed you over the past week. Glad to hear that you got some good sister bonding time in. Sometimes living so far apart makes you spend more quality time together. Looks like you and Brooke had a great time. Brooke looks so much older in these pictures. Can't wait for more lake pictures...oh, I love the lake on a summer evening.
I knew you must be having a fun time with your family! Very good pictures and it looked like you had a fabulous time. Brooke is the perfect age for the children's museum.
It was so fun! Love you sis and can't wait to come next spring just to see you!!
So glad you were able to spend time with Nicole and family. It is memory making that life is all about. Thanks for pictures and the updated blog.
Also, Courtney is my techie and helps me with my blog. Thanks. Hope you have a good weekend.
Post a Comment