Monday, June 20, 2011

How We're Fairing

I thought that it was time I did a quick rundown of what we have all been up to.
Blake: busy, busy with work and we are trying to squeeze the most out of our time together. He's been busy with projects in the yard too and cutting firewood for this winter. Blake made me laugh this morning when I gave Brooke an M&M for going potty. He said, "Hey, I like chocolate and I go potty lots." So I let him have a handful from Brooke treat jar.

He introduced Brooke to corn on the cob:
Courtney: After Vegas, I had another training the next week here in town. It was 4 days, all day so now that that's over, I am ready for summer and to do something fun other than sit in a classroom all day! I also recently discovered the magic of the dollar store. I have not really been a frequent dollar store shopper, but when I had something specific in mind for part of my Father's Day gift and went to 3 stores and couldn't find it (including Wal-Mart) I decided to check the dollar store and they had it! And it was only a dollar! How cool is that?

I also decided to try my hand some girly hair-do's. I tried these corn rolls to keep Brooke's hair out of her face. This might be as crazy as I get though, most hair-dos are too complicated for me!
I have been trying to be better about doing crafts with Brooke. Recently we made a flower and Brooke colored it. Then this week, Brooke just wanted some construction paper and some scissors to cut with. I just let her go to town cutting the paper up and it kept her happy and busy for almost 45 minutes. Craft time comes in all shapes and sizes at our house ;)
Brooke: I just wish I had a video camera to follow her around all day. She makes up songs and sings them and dances all around the yard while I am outside pulling weeds. Today we bought more grape plants and on the ride home I said, "Why don't you sing about the grape leaves?" So she did! She is so friendly and social. She will go up to random kids she sees and say "Hi Boy (or girl)" and then wait for them to respond. She says "bye-bye--see you alligator!" to everything: the car, the rain, birds...She will come up to me and say "momma, rock-a-bye" which means she wants to sit on my lap have me rock her. She will says "momma, movie me?" which means she wants me to watch a movie with her. She will say "Momma, can I sit-a by you?" when I am sitting on the couch reading.

Last wednesday was supposed to be my Zumba night but Blake mistakenly brought up the subject of possibly going swimming. Brooke's eyes got all big and round and she got this super excited look on her face and yells "We go swimmy! YAY!" So of course, it was no zumba but a family swim night instead (which was really fine with me)

Brooke is getting to be such a big girl. She went down the slides a few times with Blake and then she was okay the rest of the time to do it all by herself!
The best part was when Brooke and this other little girl decided to take a "shower" in the fountains. Can you tell they have been probably been watching their mommy's do this?And last but not least, we are still potty training. Brooke earned her other big prize which was a princess camp chair--she loves it and wants to take it with us everywhere. That is not say we are completely done potty training, though. She still has an occassional accident, especially if we are not on top of reminding her. But each day gets better and better.

5 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

My girls begged for the princess camping chair. I just couldn't wrap my brain around paying like 2 or 3 dollars more for the same chair only with princesses on it! That is a great prize! Glad she is doing better and better.

Kolbi Young said...

Love her feet propped up in the Princess chair....cracks me up! This is such a fun stage - potty training and all!

The Sugar Loaf said...

Now Brooke knows the true meaning of 'summer fun'. This will be such a fun time for you and Blake to enjoy her. But she is so active now we must all be careful. Love you three. Happy late Anniversary.

Ryanne said...

Jocelyn got that princess chair too, its the perfect size. I love your update posts. Brooke is just changing and growing so fast.

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

Thanks for the update. We sure do miss you guys. Where did Blake find corn on the cob this time of year? Love the hairdo! I think you did a great job.