We are slowly aquiring a stash of boy stuff. No pink ruffles for our little man. I ordered some cute bedding for him in this pattern:
and have gotten some clothing for him as well. I am terrified that he will be this giant baby and all the 0-3 month stuff I've gotten him won't fit! My mom and I also went shopping for some cute flannel material for blankets: blocks, puppies, and dump trucks.
hmmm... what else. Oh, yeah a name. Picking a boy name has proven A LOT harder than picking out Brooke's name was. We actually agreed on the name Brooke because we saw it in a baby name book and it reminded Blake of a dear neighbor girl who passed away while he was growing up. While thinking about the name, one Sunday we sang a hymn I had never heard before #305: The Light Divine the first line of this hymn goes, "The light of God rests on the face of brook and flower and tree" Although in the song it means brook as a small stream, I thought that line so sweet and perfect for our daughter. Her name was settled in a matter of weeks.A boy name, however, is a whole different story. There are so many names I do not like. I admit that I am picky and Blake and I have totally different tastes in names. We've come up with a list of 3 names we can both agree on but still toss names back and forth daily. Nothing is set. Not even a book of 60,000 plus names has been able to help us. We think that we'll just have to see him when he gets here and we'll know. This is really frustrating for me, because as a planner, I like to have the details ironed out well in advance. I'm ready to agree to a name like Jupiter just to have the matter settled.
In other news, this on the not so good side, I went in for my last dr's appointment in October and found out that our 20 week ultrasound showed that our baby only has a 2 vessel umbilical cord when babies are supposed to have 3. Our dr. assured us that in most cases it does not cause a problem, but sometimes it can cause the heart or kidneys not to develop properly. I am going in for another ultra sound when I am 32 weeks so they can check that his heart and kidneys have developed normally. He will also require some extra monitoring after he is born. Blake and I are slightly concerned, but remain optimistic. We have turned this situation over to our Heavenly Father and know that it will work out the way it is supposed to. On a good note, his heart and kidneys looked fine and normal at 20 week,s so we are just praying they keep developing the way they are supposed to.
6 comments:
Prayers sent your way...I was always worried about something or another while I was pregnant. The feat of creating a whole human seems impossible to me, and yet when R was born I knew it was nothing short of a miracle. Keep calm and faithful....things always work out the way they are meant to be.
I completely agree that boy names are harder to decide than girls. I have a list a mile long for a little girl and one chosen for a boy :) Thankfully, Tyler isn't too opinionated and mostly agreeable with my selections...
We'll keep our fingers crossed that all is well! Boy names are so easy for us. Girl names, not so much. The trend right now is cutsie names that I can't stand. It won't be that cute when she's 40. Brooke was at the top of my list until you and Kali and a lot of other people named your daughters Brooke. It took us FOREVER to come up with another name. So thanks alot :) We ended up giving J 'Brooke' as her middle name.
Good luck! My best friend had the same umbilical chord thing on one of her pregnancies and baby was perfect at birth. It's a blessing to live with so much technology, but it makes it scary when you know things before hand, too. Good luck with the name thing. We had two boy names, and two boys. We would have had serious problems if there had been any more.
I am a planner, too. So when I had extra amniotic fluid when I was pregnant with Isabella, I prepared for the worst, which only freaked me out. Everything was fine in the end, but I agree with Carolyn, sometimes technology isn't a benefit. We will be praying for you guys.
I totally understand the planner attitude! And when things don't go according to the plan, all heck breaks lose! Okay, not that bad, but it is frustrating! We were the same way with names for Traysen, it's amazing how once you see them, a certain name just fits and you know its right. I know you'll figure one out that you both love! :) Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do. My prayers are with you and your family. I admire your faith and your courage and turning it over to the Lord. He will bless you! Love you guys!
Oh are you getting so excited for that new little arrival? As I look at the cute material for your blankets that you and your Mom picked out, I can just imagine a little boy wrapped warmly up being hugged by 'big sister'.
We are so grateful for you and Blake. What great parents you are and will be for these two precious angels sent from above. All will be well, as you have said, it is in the Lord's hands and he knows best. May you know of our love.
Post a Comment