Before I begin my post, I must do a shameless plug for my new design blog: PBdesigns. If you haven't been over there recently, I have totally redesigned it and added tons of new products. I've arranged my products into categories and added links for you to easily navigate between sections. I have a large selection of children's/nursery wall art as well as some wall prints for your home that would make great mothers/fathers day, anniversary, birthday, christmas, or just because gifts! You can also "like" PBdesigns on facebook. And if you think others might "like" it too, please share!
I took these photos underneath our tree in our front yard. Porter was very serious faced as he was enchanted by the rustling leaves overhead.
Porter at 3 months
- is more in a routine. Likes to be in bed by 8 and sleeps mostly through the night.
- eats about every 2 1/2 hours except while taking his long 3-31/2 hour nap during the afternoon.
- is a very social/smiley baby. With Brooke, she was smiley but we had to work to get a smile out of her. With Porter, all you have to do is say "Hi bud!" and he will give you the biggest, sweetest grin. He will fuss if he is in the other room and can hear us nearby. If we move his bouncer chair into the same room as us so he can watch what is going on, he's fine.
- giggles whenever I change his clothes.
- uses his feet to push himself backwards
- is very close to rolling over
We blessed Porter on May 6th and what an event it was! We were so blessed to have lots of friends and family come celebrate with us. Most of our family live at least 3 hours (or more) away and it was so great to have them drive all the way out to see us.
Saturday night we had a fun BBQ. Brooke was in heaven having all her cousins around to play.
Sunday was the blessing. Even though Porter was pretty fussy in the morning, he was perfect during church. He was wide awake during his blessing, staring intently up at Blake, listening to every word (Brooke did the same thing during her blessing). Blake gave Porter a truly beautiful blessing. Blake and I have a lot to live up to! During the testimony part of the meeting, I got up to share mine and Brooke comes running up to the stand. The whole time while I am talking (and trying not be emotional) Brooke is standing by my side saying "mom!....mom!...." I had to do my best to ignore her and I am sure my thoughts made no sense because I couldn't concentrate. Afterwards, Brooke shared her testimony for the first time. It was so cute. We definitely do not have a shy daughter!
![]() |
| Blake with his sister Steph |
Sunday afternoon we got together again and had a great lunch. The lunch was the cause of much stress Sunday morning as I was cooking the entire thing. Thankfully my mom and Blake came to the rescue to help me out. My mom transported food from our house to my inlaws house (where we had the luncheon) and Blake became an expert chicken enchilada maker (he filled probably 50 enchiladas).
![]() |
| Everyone from Blake's side of the family came out to support us |
![]() |
| Brooke and Yabba |















5 comments:
Porter is such a handsome little guy! I don't know about you, but I remember hitting that 3-month mark and breathing a sigh of relief. I felt like that was when both of my kids transitioned from infant to baby, if that makes sense.
Sounds like it was such a fun weekend. How awesome you had so many family members who could be there.
Ha Ha Ha...Brooke's 3 month old pictures were lots of fun! I remember laughing really hard when we got together with Sandy that night. I am glad the blessing went well and you guys looked great! I miss you tons!
The pictures turned out really cute! And I can't believe how big Porter is getting! I don't see him much through the cover on the stroller but I can tell from these pictures he is definitely starting to develop a cute little personality!
It was a great day to be together. And the meal was absolutely delicious. I know you will not brag on yourself but to have delicious enchiladas with salads, chips and salsa, four desserts, and all the trimmings was a major feat and you did it up wonderfully.
Your family picture is great. How time flies as it seems like only yesterday you were taking photos of just you and Blake. This picture of Brooke and Porter is priceless. Thanks for all you did for this wonderful weekend. So many good memories of a special time together!
The pictures you took of Porter are perfect. He has the sweetest expressions on his face. I also love your family pictures on the day of the blessing. What a beautiful family! I'm glad it was such a special, love filled day for you all, and you survived the hectic parts!
Post a Comment