Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Little Mister 11 months

Our little mister is 11 months, can you believe it? This year has gone by insanely fast! Porter definitely has a personality of his own and we love watching him show it. Some things about Porter:

sleeps on his stomach even though we lay him down on his back--and on the opposite side of the crib, I might add. He also LOVES his soft blankets. As we lay him down and put the blankets on top of him he eagerly reaches up for them.

is experimenting with the kneeling and standing thing. Right now the stairs and standing up in his crib are his latest feats.
As soon as I go to change his diaper, he immediately flips over on his tummy and crawls over the edge of the changing table...
and does this:
Some more pics of our big boy:

You can see in this pic, he's gotten his two bottom teeth. Both came in December and I think he is getting some more



  • morning nap is touch and go. You never know what you'll get. Sometimes it's 30 min, something he won't nap, sometimes it's 2 hours. You just take what you can get.
  • will nap for a good 2-3 hours in the afternoon
  • goes to bed early and usually sleeps until 6am or later--but he gets off his schedule so easily! Even one night off his schedule messes him up for weeks it seems like.
  • loves to eat table food and prefers it over baby food
  • catches on really quickly to games we play like peek a boo or tickling. If I am tickling his neck and then stop, he'll bend his face towards mine as if saying "come on, do it again!"
  • loves to play with Brooke, especially when she is on one side of a closed door and sticks her fingers under the crack. He thinks this is hilarious and gets so excited
  • speaking of doors, an open door is his favorite toy. He will crawl right over and push it closed. Also loves drawers for the same reason.

And now onto Miss B. She decided that she wanted to be like a princess and cut her own hair. I was furious. I am not particularly a fan of bangs and now Brooke has some. You can kind of see in the pic below ho uneven the sides are. She cut a huge chunk out of the left side.
Luckily curled and a bow pinning it back, you can't really tell

Brooke has started to ask if she can babysit Porter. This means I either put them together in her room or down in the TV room in the basement and they play together. It's actually quite nice for me!

5 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Hooray for a built in babysitter. Maren called Kenzi "mama" yesterday :) Aren't I such an awesome parent? Love the bangs and curls. So was it Mulan she was trying to be like? Porter is adorable. He and Maren are very close in milestones.

Fun with the Fenton's said...

Porter is such a cutie! Aidan does the very same things when trying to change his diaper, drives me crazy!! Yipee for two teeth, at seven months Aidan is an overachiever with six teeth, four of them coming in over Christmas. Brooke is adorable (even with her new do)!!

Carolyn said...

Ooh, I like her with bangs!! It makes her look more grown up! Porter is such a cute little boy!

Ryanne said...

S. was 4 when she gave herself bangs and chopped her hair too. I was so upset. B. looks adorable though. Porter is such a cutey!

Sarah said...

Love that picture of Porter on the changing table! Brooke's hair is cute with the curls. I will have to remember that trick. Isabella keeps telling me she wants her hair cut, so I think my days are numbered.