Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Starting off Summer

 I truly loved my students this year. I can honestly say I have never had such a great group of kids. No problems at all this year, so respectful and hardworking, and fun. On the last day of school I found this envelope in my mailbox at school. I thought it was from one of my coworkers when I first saw it. But I opened it up and it was from a student I had a couple of years ago. He'll be in 10th grade next school year. This is why I love teaching!!


We are starting summer off right! Lots of jammie time, sleeping in, and outdoor play. Here are some pictures of our first week of summer.

 One trip to the dollar store and we came back with all sorts of fun things to keep us going all summer long. One of our favorites are the squirters they sell there. They're only a buck, so one good bonk on the cement means they're toast--so we bought a few to make sure they last us through the summer.



This boy isn't happy unless he has a mouthful of something: dirt, rocks, sand...food...it's all the same to him






Brooke gulping from the rootbeer bottle

Ah!! When will this boy learn to walk? He hates the feel of the grass on his bare legs so crawls like this. Doesn't he realize walking would be a heck of a lot easier?




 Brooke helped me make rolls one afternoon








This is Brooke's best buddy Z. They love to play together and love to get into little spats. If you read my rant on FB about the joys of listening to friends bicker, these are the culprits. 

 And finally, Mr. P can walk, but only if he's holding onto one of your fingers.


No comments: