Yesterday I turned the big 3-0. Crazy that my twenties are now behind me. Crazy that I feel like I should feel old, but I don't. I still feel young. I still feel like I just graduated from high school. But then I'm around people who actually have just graduated from high school and I'm like, "yep, I'm way older than you." Or my students will talk about an actor or singer or app and I have no idea who/what they are. Yep, I'm old.
But I really have no regrets. I was telling Blake yesterday that when I was younger and imagined my adult life, everything I thought I would have at 30, I have it now. Pretty cool, I think. And then Blake and I talked about all the things we want to do in the our next 30 years. We have so much to look forward to and discover about life. I can't wait to get started.
My 30th Birthday was a good one. We celebrated by getting our taxes done in the morning (exciting, I know). Then we got a sitter so Blake and I could go to lunch. Later I went with a friend to pick out my new Grace Adele bag. I have a purse addiction and it was time for a new one. Mine is a little different. No bow or tassle, and it has an orange flower on the front instead of the cross looking decal. I love it and it's a nice, bright change.
Then, the most exciting thing was a stay-cation Blake and I planned for my birthday for the end of February. We're getting a sitter, staying overnight at a hotel in the city and have 2nd row tickets to see this guy as he performs at the energy solution arena. So excited to get away, eat out at a yummy restaraunt, do some shopping and go to a show!
Here's to being 30!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday! I feel the same as you. Young. I feel like when I tell people I am on my 4th kid and have been married 10 years they should be stunned. But they never are :) You are so lucky to be going to Bryan Regan! Your purse is adorable as well. Love the color.
Happy (way) late birthday!!! I read your other post first, so I already know it was a great one. :) When Dustin hit 30 it felt super weird. I hit it a year later and it was no big deal. Now we are closer to 40 than 30 and that seems weird. Good thing Dustin does it first and I have a year to get used to the idea!
Post a Comment