![]() |
| my 2013-2014 school pic |
Today marks the last day of school for me. It also marks the end of my teaching days (for now). I have always said that Heavenly Father will let me know when it is time to leave my job. In January when I was looking ahead to the next school year and thinking about renewing my contract, I told my principal that I would like to go back to working part time. I did that the year after Porter was born and even though it was crazy, we adjusted and it worked out. This year, I made the decision to work full time. I don't know why. I felt like it was the right thing to do and I knew my kids would be in good hands with their sitter. But boy has it been a crazy year. I've had some difficult students (and some really great ones, too) that have made the days long. I have felt pulled in a million directions with work, trying to juggle time for errands before/after I pick up the kids, getting dinner ready, and giving my kids and husband the attention they need--all before bedtime. Why did I decide full time was for me? Little did I know it was a blessing in disguise.
My principal was great to work with me and try to find me a half-time teaching spot. Then came our big news that we were expecting another baby. In October--just two months into the new school year. I wrestled for several weeks with what to do. Would it work teaching half time? I love my job, and while some working moms would glady jump at the chance to stay at home, I really had conflicting feelings about it. But in my heart, I knew it was time. Brooke will be starting school this fall and adding a new baby to the mix...that's about has much craziness as I can handle right now. So, for now, I will hang up my teaching hat and be a full-time mom. I definitely don't think this is the end of my teaching days--so I'm just looking at it as a little break. It might be a year or 10 years, but I'm sure I'll find myself back in the classroom one day. Again, I'll trust that Heavenly Father will tell me when it's time. And looking back at this year working full time, I can definitely see our Father in Heaven's hand in my life--the extra savings and income will help as we make this new adjustment.
Adieu classroom and school that I've loved so dearly. 'Till we meet again!

3 comments:
Great picture! I hope you enjoy staying home with the kiddos! Kudos on all your amazing work as a teacher. With both my parents being retired teachers I know all the hard work that goes into it, with little thanks. So thank you for being a teacher!!!
Way to follow your feelings. That's great you are flexible about it all. 3 kids is craziness but it is so fun. School definitely complicates things. I can't imagine getting my kids off to school and having to go to work right after or close to the same time. Very stressful! It's already stressful enough without getting myself ready! Hooray for summer! I am so over carpools and packing lunches :)
congrats I must be behind. Hope everything goes well and I'm proud of you for sharing the struggle
Post a Comment