Sunday, July 13, 2014

July Happenings

It's hard to believe that July is half over. We've spent our days trying to survive the heat and getting ready for holidays and family reunions. I usually treat myself to a dirty diet coke almost everyday. I figure that's my reward for making it through another day at home :) Sonic makes the best one, but I don't always get down there. Making them at home is just as good and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to drink just a regular diet coke again.
 Porter loved the 4th of July parade this year. He was transfixed with all the trucks and loved the sirens.

 Fireworks were more iffy for both the kids. They didn't mind them if they were further away, but some people were shooting ariel ones off in the field behind where were were sitting and they were going off right above us. They were super loud and Brooke was petrified of the ash falling on us. Blake had just finished giving Brooke a lecture on how they couldn't hurt us when a big piece from the body of the firework landed right in Blake's lap!


 Moving on after the 4th, I found this classified in the paper one day.
 Pretty much every afternoon the kids get wet. This little set up has kept them both very entertained this summer.






Happy Summer!

3 comments:

Our ABC Family said...

Love the updates! Hope you are feeling well!

Kolbi Young said...

How much half and half do you use in your dirty diet coke??? I've never seen/used it before. I LOVE DDC, but only knew about the coconut and lime -- now I feel like I'm missing out on the full experience - haha!

Glad your summer is going well! The slide/pool combo looks great! We just bought the kids a small trampoline for outside to give them something that they can self entertain a bit more :)

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

I remember when the slide and swimming pool kept my kids entertained all afternoon! Those were the days. Love the pics and posts!