Tuesday afternoon we hooked onto the camper and went to Midway to camp with Blake's brother Zac and his wife and daughter J. J and Brooke are only a few months apart and get along so great. We started Wednesday happy and ready to hit the zoo. Our family hadn't been in several years and hadn't seen all the fun new additions they've made. It was a busy, long, hot day, but a successful and the kids had a blast!
Porter loves, loves animals and to make animal sounds. He'd only ever seen them in books. Our kids freak out when they see a dog or a cat (in a good way...we don't have any pets) so seeing some exotic animals was really exciting for them.
We got a fun surprise when the polar bear swan right by us. Porter was so exciting and it was a highlight of our day.
Definitely a huge hit for the kids was riding the train. Porter also loves trains and kept talking about the train for the rest of the day.
I love that these 2 girls get along so great. They talked the whole day and you could tell they were in their own world.
The splash park area is another fun addition. It's so hot that being able to get wet really makes a difference! Blake lifted Porter up to catch a jumping stream of water.
We ended our day by going to the seal show. They did tricks and the kids loved seeing them swim around.
4 comments:
What a fun day!! Aidan & I are hoping to check out the Zoo in Norfolk soon!!!
So fun! We haven't been in forever either! One of these days...
Man! Hogle Zoo has really stepped it up a notch since I was last there! I miss our Tucson Polar Bears so much. They were one of my favorites! Although I saw a sign at the zoo today that in the fall there will be camel rides! Woohoo! That is so fun Brooke gets along so well with her cousin. I love my cousins.
We haven't been for a few years and it looks like they've added a lot! I didn't realize. How fun! Your kids are at the perfect age for loving the zoo. So great!
Post a Comment