Sunday, June 29, 2014

Third

Baby bump at 18/19 weeks

I recently read Ender's Game and sometimes in my mind I call this baby "Third" or "Ender" (If you're familiar with the story, Ender got his nickname because in their society you had to ask special permission to have a 3rd child). Since I know that this is my last baby, I have been weirdly private about sharing details. I'm strange, I know...and selfish :) I want to enjoy my last time being pregnant and feeling all the twists and turns and hiccups. I love thinking about what this child will look like and what kind of personality it will have. I love thinking of all different combinations of names until I find one that feels right.  I get nervous thinking about how having a 3rd child will change the dynamic of our family and how crazy I will be for a while until we get into a routine. But I am so, so excited to hold this little infant and know that it came straight from Heaven and into my arms. I already love this baby so much and know that it is meant to be part of our family.

So, I'm not going to do a huge facebook gender announcement because I'm selfish and I don't think that 100+ people I'm "friends"with really care if I'm having a boy or girl (or perhaps even that I'm expecting again). But If you care enough to read my blog, I'll share my secret with you :).

We went at the beginning of June for our big ultrasound. I always love seeing the baby on a screen.

Profile & hand:

scary skeleton face (sorry baby, but it's true)






 another profile
 arm/hand

 and finally....drumroll....
and hopefully the utrasound technitian is right because I've been getting rid of my girl stuff like crazy! I got back in in August for another ultrasound and while we're there, we're going to double check the gender. If for some reason it turns out to be a girl, we'll have a couple months to buy everything again :)

Pregnancy Update:
I feel pretty good most of the time. I am starting to lose the mid-trimester energy burst and feel more tired and have to rest more often after doing chores. And since my other 2 kids were born in the middle of winter, I have never been this pregnant in the summer before. I'll do my last trimester in the hottest part too. I am definitely starting to feel the uncomfortableness that comes with the heat and I think I'm going to get a lot more swollen in my hands, feet, and face than I did with the others because of retaining water and the heat (oh the joys). But I'll survive.

4 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Congrats Courtney! Hooray for #3 and Ender :) I think you're right, most people on Facebook, probably don't care. I am just lazy and took the easy way out! Haha! I know what you mean about feeling private....well, I do now I mean. I didn't realize until after Rad was born that he was our last. It has been hard for me to swallow and I am super emo about it. But I feel like that is what is best for our family. I should say WE (Taylor and I). Now THAT- I will not be sharing on Facebook :) So happy for you. This is a wonderful time in life.

Fun with the Fenton's said...

So exciting! You look amazing & sounds like you're enjoying everything that goes with it! Congrats on it being another boy! Enjoy the last half!!

Kolbi Young said...

I am so happy for you! Porter is going to have a little buddy, which will be perfect! Both of my babies were summer babies, so I experienced the summer swelling -- but it will be different because your pregnancy won't be at the very end. Hopefully, it will be minimal! Pregnancy any time of year is hard, especially when you have other kiddos to care for. Good luck! Wishing you all the best!!!

Carolyn said...

Yay!! Congrats! Boys are so fun!