Saturday, June 14, 2014

Oh, Porter!

Oh how I love this boy of mine! He is so busy, but also so sweet. I have been using "sweet" to describe Porter since he was born, and he still is. He still loves to snuggle with mom and his soft blanket. He gives kisses and has learned to say "sorry". He goes to time out when he's told. And so far hasn't thrown any fits like his sister used to (I shudder as I think about the fits Brooke used to throw). When he's mad, Porter will just stand still and hang his head and be quiet for a few minutes. If we leave him alone he'll get over it in a few minutes. I hope this continues and is just part of his personality, because these kinds of "fits" I can handle!

But like I said, he's also very busy! I am constantly telling Porter to sit down in the bathtub. Of course he didn't listen and slipped and hit his chin on the edge of the tub. It was bleeding and the cut was pretty wide so I took him down to urgent care. By the time the Dr. came in, Porter wasn't crying and was running around the office. The Dr. said, "this kid is way too happy to be needing stitches!" Luckily the doctor was able to glue his cut shut. A few days later, Porter fell outside and scraped his chin on the deck--it reopened the cut but not too bad and we were able to hold it closed with some butterly bandages. I have a feeling this is the first of many trips down for stitches and bandages with this kid!


One morning I was upset with Porter because I had just gotten him dressed and he went outside and immediately got wet and dirty. I was changing his clothes and said to him "Porter! Why did you get all wet and dirty." He replied to me with a big smile on his face, "'cause...I me!" (Because, I'm me).

He also loves to help. When he sees me watering flowers or pulling weeds or sweeping, Porter is immediately by my side saying "help, help" (most of the time I don't actually want his help). When Blake was working on putting in a new gate for our fence, Porter didn't hesitate to help carry the fence planks and put them in a pile.


5 comments:

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

I just love your Porter! Your kids personalities are following mine so far. Porter and Katie are very similar. Who knows...maybe your third will be like my third...GET READY!!!

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

I just love your Porter! Your kids personalities are following mine so far. Porter and Katie are very similar. Who knows...maybe your third will be like my third...GET READY!!!

Fun with the Fenton's said...

I sure wish we lived closer, I think Aidan & Porter would be good friends, they are so similar!

Carolyn said...

Such a cute post!