Brooke has always been my super social-bug. All summer it's been a constant battle of wanting to play with friends vs. just staying home. I think by August, we were both more than ready for school to start!
Brooke showing off her chalk-art (sun, fairy, rainbow, ladybug, smiley faces and grass)
On the first day, it was cold and overcast in the morning, then for a minute the sun came out so we hurried and did some pictures outside.Porter sure was going to miss his buddy while Brooke was at school.
As we were getting ready to head to the bus stop, it started to downpour. I grabbed Brooke's only waterproof jacket with a hood (her winter coat) and put the kids in the car and drove to the bus stop. When the bus pulled up, I hopped out with Brooke and we ran to the bus. When I got back to the car, Porter was in tears because he didn't get to give Brooke a hug before she left. I wasn't emotional about her leaving for school until then. I followed the bus to school to watch Brooke get off and made sure she made it inside okay.
It's been weird thinking about Brooke at school and wondering what she's doing. We've all adjusted to the school schedule and Brooke loves her teacher and going there. I have a tough time getting information out of her about what she did during the day besides recess, but hopefully that will get better.
Brooke had to fill out a booklet that she'll share with the class to introduce herself and here are some of her answers:
Favorite Color: Purple and Pink
Favorite Movie: Despicable Me 2 and Frozen
Favorite Food: Macaroni and Cheese
If I had some wishes, I'd wish for: 1) a wand 2) a baby kitten
I like to: go camping, spend time with my family and friends
When I grow up I want to be: a mommy
I'm special because: I'm such a big helper
2 comments:
She looks so grown up in those pictures. What a fun time. The few stories I can get Grant to tell me seem a little far fetched. He's going through a really fun lying phase, so I pretty much can't believe anything he says about kindergarten!
Big step. I rarely get anything out of my kids either
Post a Comment