Wow, September came and went and now it's October! Here's a little of what's going on in our lives right now.
Blake: It's Blake's favorite time of year: hunting season! I have to brag on Blake a little. This year he drew a once in a lifetime tag (literally, that's what they're called) to hunt this private area 3 hours from where we live. The only problem is that the days for the hunt are the week before I'm due. This caused some stress and Blake decided, all on his own, that he was going to give up his tag and do a general hunt earlier in the month and closer to home instead. He's so great and I'm lucky to have him.
Courtney: 36 weeks and ready for baby to come! Oh man how I would love it if this baby came early. I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me that he was going to be out of town the week before I am due. I remember with Brooke my doctor told me that too and I was devestated thinking he wouldn't be there for the birth. Now, on #3, I just think "as long as someone's there to catch the baby, I don't care who it is" :)
32 Weeks:
35 weeks
Porter & Brooke: Brooke loves school and I love having some time with just Porter--it's weird to just have just him when I run errands--I forgot how easy only have one child is. I am trying to potty train Porter with mixed results so far, but I refuse to give up! I just keep thinking that this is practice and that he'll get the hang of it soon. He's always willing to use the potty when I take him, but he has a hard time remembering to tell me himself which is resulting in many accidents. But I'd still rather deal with those than change diapers...and if it turns out that I only have one child in diapers at the end of the month it will be worth it!
Having a "picnic" with imaginary food.
That is not to say that they always get along. I've recently adopted the phrase, "Don't touch each other!" The fighting over toys and hitting each other/chasing each other around the house has begun sometimes I just let them battle it out on their own because I can't deal with it anymore.
To make room for the new baby, Porter got booted out of his room (and crib) and now Brooke and Porter share a room. I was surprised how well both of their things fit into one room and so far, the adjustment to bunkbeds and sleeping in the same room have went surprisingly well. As you can see, I have no intentions of changing the paint color or trying to make their bedding "match". Hopefully these two will only have to share a room for a couple of years, then we'll probably be doing some room switching again, and that's when we'll worry about painting.
I was watching Modern Family on DVD when Brooke came down. It's not really appropriate for her, so I thought "I'll just watch the opening scene and then turn it off" Well, the scene started off in the kitchen and was fine until the mom in the show cut her hand off with a butcher knife! Turns out, it was the Halloween episode and the mom was playing a joke on her son, but Brooke didn't know that she was traumatized! I felt so bad and we had a long talk about it.
During our church's stake conference to listen to our local church leaders speak--the chapel and the gym were filled to capacity with chairs and people. We had to sit pretty far in the back of the gym. Somehow Porter got away from us and was running down the aisle. I looked at Blake and we both figured he'd come back in a few minutes. He didn't. Blake went out into the hallway looking for him and couldn't find him. Later, we got a text from a friend: "Your boy is sitting on President Seitz's lap". Somehow Porter made it all the way to the front of the chapel and was sitting on the lap of one of the speakers! He was perfectly content and happy sitting up there. One of our friends recognized him, grabbed him and brought him back to us. Oh Porter!
2 comments:
Ha ha! I love that story about Porter! Hilarious. Good for Blake for giving up his tag. You will be happy to have him there for the birth. :) Good luck with it! I hope it all goes wonderful!
Lots happening in the Millecam family these days! I am sooooo excited for this little babe...I hope it is an easy delivery for you and that you have a doc there to catch it :) I am also in awe that Blake gave up his tag - this is the tag that Tyler talks of somewhat regularly. I don't get it. But I am impressed by his choice! I also saw your kids' costumes on your other site. Impressive!!! Seriously. They look adorable. Now you just need a little Sven :)
Post a Comment