I was really nervous to have 3 kids, but so far (fingers crossed) things haven't been too bad. Brooke is a great helper and Porter has accepted his role as the middle child pretty easily with really no jealousy issues. Grant had his days and nights mixed up the first few days, but we're getting things ironed out now. He wants to eat every 3 hours pretty much 24/7. Usually at night he'll do a 4 hour stretch after midnight, but then it's right back to eating on schedule. At his 5 day check up Grant weighed 8.7. He had his two week checkup yesterday and is 9.1. This guy loves to eat! Thankfully, the rest of the time he is so patient and hardly ever cries. When he's awake, he'll just look around and is content to sit in his bouncer chair when I can't hold him. The kids are good to keep him entertained too. They love to sit by him and talk to him. Porter shares his blankie with Grant and Brooke will read him stories. When he does start to fuss, Porter is quick to say, "Mom! Baby need you!"
The other day I was having trouble getting Grant to latch on while nursing. Brooke was in the room with me and said, "You know how you grab it and shake it? Do that." When Brooke talks about me nursing Grant, she calls it milking. "Mom is milking Grant."
Then, I was going to the bathroom and Porter came in (we have no privacy in our house). He looked at my saggy-after baby-stomach, pointed at my sad belly button and said, "Weiner?" I started laughing and told him no, that was not mom's weiner.
My house is usually a mess and I might still be in my PJs at noon, but things are going well here. We've been spoiled by our ward & other friends who have fed us (counting leftovers) for the past two weeks. My mom and mother in law have also been great to help watch the kids when I need to get out of the house, done my laundry, and give the older kids some attention. Also, the TV. Lots of screen time at our house right now, especially for Porter. I have a feeling we'll be watching many Disney movies this winter.
We've even ventured out of the house a couple of times. Just yesterday I went to the store with all 3 kids to fill a prescription (Brooke has croupe!) and that was a mild disaster where I learned that I will not be doing that again until Grant is big enough to wear in a baby carrier so Porter can still ride in the cart. Right now, it's just easier to stay home. And with the weather getting colder everyday, that's fine with me. Plus, I'm content with hiding my post baby body for another month or so ;)
Around 1 week old:
First bath:
Nonna came to visit:
2 weeks old:
2 comments:
So, so cute! So happy for you and your sweet family!
He is so sweet! And you look great!!
Post a Comment