February was fun and fast. We started it out with watching the Superbowl with Blake's parents. No one is a huge sport's fan but it's tradition to watch the game and commercials and Mr. G just happened to have a pair of football jammies he wore for the event ;)
My birthday present to myself was a new haircut. I've had long hair for the last 3 years and it was time for a change. Still having a hard time getting a good picture of it (really, I think I need to just start working again so I don't look so fat ;) ) but you get the idea...
For Valentine's Day I thought I'd make a special fancy dinner for Blake and the kids. I've never made a homemade lasagna before. I found a great recipe (I thought) but once I got going on it, it was felt like it was 100 steps long! Peel and chop: onion, zucchini, carrots, celery, garlic... saute this and that and then let it simmer for an hour, then put it in the oven for an hour. Oh, and then make a rue (flour, butter, and milk sauce for thickening.) Stir the rue constantly so it doesn't burn (mine did). Anyway, it was a long and frustrating process and I will probably never make another lasagna again.
Porter tells me, "Mom, I love baby Grant. We won't throw him in the road." Whew! Thank goodness for that!
Blake said, "Won't it be nice when our kids are old enough to entertain themselves instead of laying around waiting for us to do it for them?"
Back to the library...they had an activity (we missed it) but the kids loved seeing the cardboard cutouts of characters all over.
Brooke made us all some paper crowns.
Brooke had her last indoor soccer game of the season. Not sure if we have a budding soccer-star on our hands, but we're going to give outdoor Spring Soccer a go this year too.
The ball got stuck in the corner...how many kindergarteners will it take to get it out?Mr. G just hanging out in his carseat during the game
Team huddle...
Porter loves Mickey Mouse. His stuffed Mickey was a Christmas gift from his Uncle Ben and Aunt Katie. I thought it was so cute that he had to make sure Mickey could see out the window too.
And technically this happened on March 2, but we FINALLY got some real snow this winter! The kids were so excited. Brooke said to me, "Mom, I know why it snows. It's so people who can't afford sinks can go into the mountains and fill up their cups with snow. Then they can heat it up in the microwave to get a drink!"
Brooke and her friend E.When I saw this happening I was worried we were going to have "A Christmas Story" incident, so I yelled across the street, "DO NOT STICK YOUR TONGUE TO THAT POLE!"







No comments:
Post a Comment