Friday, February 27, 2015

A New Look for me {And You too!}

There's just something about impending spring that makes me want to update my look a little so I decided to chop my hair. It was down to the middle of my back, but Grant was starting to grab it, puke in it (major yucky), and with my lingering pregnancy horomones..I would wake up sweating to death at night. So now it's cut to my chin in a cute bob. I'm still getting used to it, but overall I feel fresh and it's nice to have a change after having long hair for so many years.

Then, I also discovered some new makeup. I am usually a make-up minimalist. I don't mind going bare-faced and am pretty confident without makeup on. However, I have read in several places that if you are skimpy with your makeup, you should at least wear mascara to help brighten your overall appearance and make your eyes stand out. And as a mom of young children and often sleep deprived, I definitely could use some brightening up! BUT, the thing is, I could never find mascara that I could honestly say I loved. I wear glasses so I just felt like my mascara was hidden behind my frames and no one could tell. 

That was...until I discovered Younique 3D mascara a couple of weeks ago.


I am loving it so much that I'm actually hosting an online party via facebook. My friend JanaLee is the consultant and I've known her for close to 20 years (and if that doesn't make me feel old, I don't know what does!) I am not usually into hosting these kinds of parties, but the mascara really is AWESOME! It's all natural, waterproof, and has a 14 Day LOVE IT guarantee. If we're not friends on facebook (and why aren't we?!) you can still participate in the party via this link to the younique website:
https://www.youniqueproducts.com/janalee/party/1464655/view

And if you need further proof that this mascara is amazing:
Can I just say it's harder than it looks to take a selfie of just your eyes :)

So go check it out and prepare yourself to be amazed!
Oh, PS, I was a little unsure at first but I figure that I spend a lot on my kids all the time, so why not spend a  little something on me for once? And it maybe silly to be so excited about mascara, but it makes me feel good and sometimes, as a wife/mother, I need that little boost of confidence :)
https://www.youniqueproducts.com/janalee/party/1464655/view

1 comment:

Hoenes Family said...

My neighbor is a major lover/seller of the Younique brand. I've seen many people post about their mascara. One of these days I might get around to trying it :) I would love to see a pic of your new do! Also, to answer your question about Rad, yes, he is by FAR my biggest baby! Most of my girls didn't reach 20 lbs until well past 1 years old. He's a monster in comparison and I love it! Haha!