Friday, February 6, 2015

January Recap

January has come and gone...here's what we've been up to:
The kids (and Blake and I) have loved playing the Richard Scary Busytown game. It's a mix of eye-spy and candyland and it's just a really fun family-friendly game.

The kids adore Grant and it's gotten to the point where I have to tell them to leave him alone. "Get out of his face," I say. "Be soft with him," I'm constantly reminding. "Stop running your trucks all over his face!"

 Brooke loves to do crafts and I'm always impressed by her creativity.She definitely thinks outside the box. She made a umbrella one day and then after watching "How to Train Your Dragon 2" she made a pair of wings--each of these all by herself with no help or guidance at all.

 We signed Brooke up for indoor soccer. This has been our first experience with organized sports. Brooke has liked it okay and it's been a real learning experience for us. The evenings are typically family time at our house, so it's been an adjustment to load everyone up for games and practices.
 This is Brooke and her best pals that live on our street. They can usually be found holding hands while running around the soccer field. Brooke is not very competitive, but I think learning a sport has been good for her confidence.



 Porter has turned into quite the social little guy. He loves to play and have friends over. Porter and S. are only 3 weeks apart and S. is the son of Blake's best friend from high school. It's so fun that they'll grow up together too--the next generation of trouble makers! ;)

 And I finally completed a project that I've wanted to do since Brooke was a baby--what to do with all the hospital keepsakes from each of my children? This shadowbox had pictures and things of Blake and I when we were dating and first married, but I emptied it out and put the kids' things in it instead. The boys each have their shirts, hospital bracelets and hats they wore. Brooke has her hat, booties, hospital bracelet and her little hair bow. Then I made a little card with each of their birth dates and birth information. We have it hanging in the hallway between the kids' rooms and I love how it turned out.


No comments: