Friday, February 6, 2015

3 Months old!



At the beginning of January, we decided to move Grant into his own room. I was really reluctant to do it since Grant had become my little buddy at night, but I knew we'd both sleep better if he was in a room of his own. Of course, I can't help but peek in on him all the time.
Also at the beginning of January, Grant found his hands. I love this little milestone as it means that he's just discovered a small part of his new world.


 Tummy time!


 At 3 months old, Grant is more into his routine. He takes several short naps and one long nap during the day--he sleeps for about 8 hours at night before he wakes up to eat. He's very good natured and very curious about things. He isn't really a big cuddler, instead he will arch his back and neck and twist to see whatever has grabbed his attention. He sits on my lap totally mesmerized at Brooke's soccer games. His only little baby quirk is that he hates his carseat. Hates it. So unless he's alseep while we're driving, he's usually crying. Luckily Brooke is a great big sister and sits right next to him and is in charge of keeping him happy.

 At 3 months, we're also starting to get some big smiles. laughs, squeals, and coos. Nothing melts my heart like hearing Grant interact with us. He is such a sweet little boy and we love having him in our home.


2 comments:

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

Oh my goodness! He is getting so big! Hope you had a happy birthday! I have thought about you all week and meaning to call. Hang in there cute mama!

Kolbi Young said...

Ruby hated her carseat too! Still kind of does. She never slept in it and still won't. Funny little personalities. And the only thing that eased my transition to the nursery is our video monitor. This really is a game changer. We now have a camera in Ryker (in the basement) and Ruby's room and it just rotates between the two all night. We spent about $100 on one and I don't think I could go back.

I can't believe how much Grant has grown. He reminds me a lot of Brooke as a baby. So cute!