Sunday, June 7, 2015

May Days

May started out strong with a warm day where the kids begged to have a water day--so we did! Dollar store squirters are a summer must have at our house and always provide the kids with tons of entertainment. Good thing we took advantage of the warm weather when we did, too. Since then, it's been pretty cold and rainy ever since!









 I feel very fortunate that, for the most part, my kids all get along great. Brooke is especially good and adaptable to be able to go from playing with baby Grant to running around with Porter.
Porter is learning to master his big boy bike this summer.
For mother's day, it's a tradition that instead of a bouquet of flowers, I get flowers for my planters in my yard. This year the kids went with Blake and picked out the flowers to surprise me. They remembered some of my favorites from previous years.

Brooke was so excited to give me her mother's day surprise. At school she planted a flower in a pot she had decorated. Brooke also colored and decorated a crown and a card for me.
Love my three munchkins that have made me a mom!

When Brooke was 3, we went through a stage where she was constantly changing her clothes. It drove me crazy and I was hoping that maybe it was just a girl thing. Apparently not! Porter has hit this stage as well. He is always changing his clothes, especially into costumes. It was super silly one day to have Porter emerge from his nap in his room wearing his Olaf costume.

 Porter came in to show me he had gotten dressed himself (shirt backwards, pants inside out...and then for his undies he's actually wearing another pair of PJ bottoms)

I think the kids have played in their sandbox once this spring. It's been drenched in rain.
Brooke completed her first year of school! She is growing up so fast and I am always so amazed at what she learns. She can read and write and loves math.
When I was in kindergarten my family and I went to the Toronto, Canada LDS temple open house. I have always remembered this experience and really wanted to give Brooke the same experience.


Grant, Brooke and I spent a couple days at my mom's house while Stephen and Bridgette were in town from Arizona. Porter spent that time at home with Blake.

Grant meeting Uncle Steve for the first time


No comments: