July was definitely our busiest month of the summer! We had dance recitals, trip to Lagoon, a couple of boating days, two holidays with fireworks, some friends came to visit and we took our first camping trip as a family of 5.
My super talented sister in law Bridgette made some adorable accessories for the kids. The boys got matching bow ties and Brooke got a sparkly new headband. I couldn't resist doing a little photo shoot before church.
Porter's attitude toward Grant runs hot and cold. He either ignores him or adores him. This was during an adores him phase. I thought it was so cute to see Porter feeding Grant his breakfast.
Some more adoring of Grant.
Another Sunday I was particularly proud of Brooke's hair do. I struggle with cute girl hairstyles, but have been determined to learn some new styles so Brooke's hair is out of her face but not always in a ponytail.
We love watching our garden grow each year. It's been Brooke's job to water it.
Brooke invited me to go on a bike ride with her. I had not ridden my bike in years! It was fun to ride with her and Brooke jabbered non-stop the entire ride. It was a good way to spend time together.
Another lake day:
Porter and Blake swam out to the dock.
Brooke skied again.
Porter rode the tube by himself and while riding decided to lay his head down and relax.
Blake convinced Porter to ride the wakeboard with him. As you can see, Porter did not enjoy it. I think it was a combination of being cold/tired. If you ask Porter about riding the wakeboard now, he says it was lots of fun!
We took our first family camping trip with Grant. Blake's parents let us use their camp trailer and we were so glad they did! That night, it was so cold! We enjoyed being able to get away to the mountains where we could take in all the beautiful scenery.
I couldn't get enough of the sunset that night.

1 comment:
You've had a busy, fun-filled summer! I love Brooke's hair! Thank goodness for YouTube videos that can give more ideas! And I loved your post about Disneyland. So many times I have thought I must be missing something when I see young families going to Disneyland and look like they are having fun. I made the rule when Ryker was young that we would take each child when they are five. We took Ryker and I still think this is such a great age to introduce them to the Disney magic. They are just tall enough to do some of the big rides but don't need naps and can stay up late. But we did take a stroller and used it a ton to give little legs a break. He did great and we look forward to taking them both when Ruby is five. Plus we didn't do park hopper or multiple days. One day at Disney, one beach day, one CA Adventure day and travel days. That was plenty for all of us. I think when you try and do day after day at the parks they wear out and it's not as much fun for anyone (I remember feeling that way as a teenager too). Those are my two cents. But I agree, if you're going to spend the money, make sure you will all have fun....and Lagoon is a great test run :)
Post a Comment