Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kid Funnies

February 3, 2016:
Today Porter asked for some of his birthday cake after he ate all his lunch. When I was bringing it to him he said, "Um, mom, you need to sing to me."
me: no I don't. I'm not going to sing to you every day, silly.
Porter: I'm not silly. I'm just a human. Except when I'm sad and I cry. Then I'm not a human.
me: oh really? What are you when you're sad and cry?
Porter: just a Christmas tree.

January 27, 2016
 Porter was in a particularly grumpy mood today. He told me "After my lunch, I'm going to bed until winter is over!" Then later on, "That's it! I'm pinching Grant!" And Brooke answered the phone and took a message for the first time this afternoon. After she hung up: "That was amazing! I can't believe I did that!"

January 23, 2016
 Brooke tonight told me she wants to move to California because she heard in a song there is gold there. She also said when she finds the gold and becomes rich she'll be able to go to the dollar store and buy whatever she wants

November 19, 2015
 Apparently when we told porter to go wait by the car until we were ready, he heard "go play in the neighbors empty garbage can that tipped over."

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Ha ha! These cracked me up! I love the cute things kids say! I bet you'll be so glad that you kept a copy of them. I started writing them down when my boys were little. I didn't write down the cute things my girls said. :( Why did I think I would remember anything without writing it down?!