February was also my birthday! I turned 32 and even though Blake had to work the night of my birthday he made it special during the day by taking me shopping for new running shoes and purchasing some gift cards to a couple of my favorite stores. He cooked us lobster for dinner and we had a chocolate cake for dessert. Thus ends our birthday season in our family---the next birthday is not until October when Grant turns 2!
These are my new running shoes. My sister sent me a care package for my birthday and in it were some new running socks. She didn't even know these were the shoes I had picked out, and the socks she sent matched perfectly!
Brooke had a "grandparent" day at school. Basically the grandparents came and ate lunch with the kids at school. We're lucky enough to live close by to Blake's parents but unfortunately they were out of town that day! I went in their place and it was really cute. I also helped out at Brooke's Valentine's Day class party. (which reminds me that I'm pretty sure I still have Valentine's Day candy stashed in the house somewhere).
Grant turned 16 months old on February 29. He is still trying to figure out the whole walking process. He can do, but usually drops down and crawls after about 5 or so steps.
He is so curious about everything and is starting to like to wrestle with daddy just like the bigger kids do.
There was a library activity and the kids each got balloons. How cute is this picture? I love that my kids enjoy reading.
Grant was feeling left out and stole the kids' balloons the first chance he got!
Grant has learned to give kisses and hugs if we ask for them. It's so cute! I will take a sloppy kiss from this guy any day!
I pride myself on my kids' strict bedtime routines and really got after Blake for rocking Grant to sleep. "You're spoiling him!" I said. I was so afraid that Grant was going to expect being rocked every single night. Well, it's been about a month since I've taken this picture and we still rock him every chance we get. Even I do it now. Yep, Grant is definitely the baby of the family.
This boy loves his blankie! These are the Aiden+Anais swaddling blankets Grant has had since day 1. It must be the texture or something that he likes...we have 3 of them and he loves them all!
See his three teeth?
By the end of February the snow was starting to melt and the kids were able to play outside a little bit. Grant was so jealous he couldn't got outside too!Grant has been my worst teether. He gets teeth so slowly and is so grumpy and feverish and gets diarrhea...he also get super clingy where he's only happy if he's being held by me or at least touching me..this was one day when I was trying to fold laundry. He was happy as long as he could touch me with his feet.
These are from January and I just think its so fun and cute to watch my kids play with toys and see their imaginations at work.
We are SO HAPPY it's March and warmer weather is ahead of us!





No comments:
Post a Comment