Sunday, April 10, 2016

We Marched Right Along

 With March, we enjoyed a lot of good weather days. It was great to be able to let the kids play outside and enjoy some sunshine. Grant LOVES being outside. At the beginning of March he was still crawling a lot instead of walking, so he'd get super dirty crawling over the only semi-dry grass and scuff his knees crawling on the driveway. I banished him to the little toy car and made the kids take turns pushing him around. He loved it and would scream and cry (still does) when it was time to go inside.





 March 10 I went to a book signing at our local Wal-Mart for Cassandra Clare's new book Lady Midnight. I love her books and so shocked and so excited that she made a stop in our small town as part of her book tour.

 Me getting my book signed by Cassandra Clare. Brooke was so worried that someone was writing in a book (something the librarian at her school has told them not to do). I told Brooke it was okay because she the author. Brooke was really impressed that this lady had written all the words in such a big book.
 Brooke and Porter playing school. I love all the little stuffed animals lined up next to Porter as other "students".
 St. Patrick's Day! I didn't get a picture of all the kids in their green, but Porter loved the idea that wearing green kept him from getting pinched.

 I love hearing my kids all laughing and getting along. Porter and Brooke were taking turns giving Grant raspberries on his tummy.


 And Porter, at barely 4 years old, learned how to ride his bike without training wheels! It was a big day for him! Blake and I were both nervous because this is a full year earlier than we did it with Brooke. But Porter had no trouble getting started or stopping. He just wants to keep up with his big sister!




 Brooke LOVES sleeping on the floor. It's her favorite thing to do on weekends.
 Storytime before bed.
 One Sunday afternoon we went for a hike in our area. We randomly selected this trail and after a mile got to this breathtaking overlook. It was a great way to spend the day together as a family enjoying the creations from our Heavenly Father. Porter got a little whiny when he realized that we had to walk the entire way to the car. He thought the car would be waiting for us at the end of the trail! And since we didn't even plan on hiking, we didn't bring the hiking backpack for Grant. Blake and I had to take turns carrying him. But it all worked out!

No comments: