My kids were really into Christmas this season. It was especially fun since Grant was able to understand a little bit of what was going on. Grant loved looking at all the Christmas lights and would squeal and point every night when we'd drive by lights (even the ones we saw over and over because they were in our neighborhood). Porter was a 100% believer in Santa Claus and Brooke believed this year too (I wasn't sure if she still would or not). It was really fun to have all three kids experiencing the magic of Christmas together.
Brooke wrote this letter to Santa in her at school. All the second grade letters to Santa were published in the newspaper and were really cute. Her letter says: Dear Santa, I really want a sled. I liked the candy you brought last year. I want to know, are you allergic to anything? Love Brooke.
Of course throughout the month of December we tried to help our kids understand the true meaning of Christmas and teach them the importance of Christ's birth. For me, this Christmas really put into perspective how wonderful the birth of our Savior was. With the loss of Blake's dad and my grandmother this year, I had a lot of time to reflect on the importance of the atonement and the gift of being able to see our loved ones again. It made thinking about Christ's birth very sweet. My favorite song this season quickly became "Mary, Did You Know?"
Christmas Eve Blake's mom came over for dinner and the general rowdiness that ensued with three very excited kids.
Looking at Santa's location on the Santa Tracker app
Christmas jammies! I made the boys' pajama pants and found Brooke's set for an awesome deal.Telling the kids that Santa was getting close from the Santa Tracker App and it was time to go to bed. While the kids were in bed, Blake got up on the roof and stomped around. The kids woke up the next morning so excited they heard Santa!
Grant was so cute Christmas morning. He LOVED opening gifts and handing gifts out to people. He was also very serious about it. He took his time opening each present and any little bit of wrapping paper that came off went straight into the garbage can.
I bought Blake a gift card to one of his favorite stores and hid it inside a prank gift box. The box advertised an ice cream maker that you attach to your car hubcap that will churn it while you drive. It was funny to see him go from "what the heck is this?" to really excited when he realized his actual gift was inside.
I think the Christmas gift overload/ Christmas sugar coma is setting in for Grant
The older kids got to go outside with dad to try out the new sled behind the four wheeler. Grant didn't get to go and had to watch from the window.
Grant showing me the sound a four-wheeler makes.
Where's Grant?
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment