January also has dumped storm after storm of continued snow and ice pretty much all month long. At first it was kind of fun, but now I want it to stop! I am sick of shoveling the walks, sometimes multiple times per day and our deck out back. I hate driving on crappy roads that never get plowed and I'm sick of wet snow clothes and boots and lost mittens. I hate being cold. Basically, I want it to be spring.
Other January happenings:
Family home evening has become really fun with the kids. Even Grant loves to participate. He even said his first prayer (with help) the other night! It was so cute! We have the older kids help teach part of the lesson sometimes and we also take turns bearing our testimonies to the family.
Having an FHE lesson about baptism.
My boys have become my exercise sidekicks. They crack me up when they start doing crunches on the floor with me!
Brooke built a snowman and was so excited and proud of it.
Grant was making us laugh by trying to go to bed on Brooke's doll bed.Porter's Preschool teacher will introduce a letter to the kids and then show them how to make that letter with their body. This is Porter showing off the letter "S" We love it when he demonstrates all the letters he can make with this body.
Another snow day. Brooke was so nice and helpful to take Grant outside to play in the snow one afternoon.
He basically just wanted to eat the snow.
When it got too hard and deep for Grant to walk, Brooke had to rescue Grant!
Porter made this cute mitten at preschool. he sewed the sides himself and on the front is a picture of me and him with a snowman.
2 comments:
I don't know if I can handle a real winter ever again! I feel for you!! It was fun catching up on your blog. How wonderful that Brooke already has a love the scriptures! It sounds like her baptism was a special one. Also, I love that Blake stomped on the roof for your kids! What an awesome dad!
I feel the same this winter! I am so ready for it to be done! And, great pictures of Brooke's baptism. Next time you blink, you will be on Grant's baptism! I feel like our oldest was just baptized, and now our youngest is coming up!
Post a Comment