The first weekend in June was Blake and I's 14th anniversary. And how did we celebrate? By attending the URAT Jamboree with some friends! Brent J. was Blake's teacher's quorum advisor many years ago and they've recently reconnected over their love of off road vehicles. And I am so grateful to Brent for showing Blake the ropes on off-roading and how to have fun and be safe (because I'm kind of a wuss and sometimes we do some scary things).
The Jamboree is a 3 day event with people from all over bringing their ATVs to go on guided rides around the basin. The ride we went on on Friday was a 5 hour ride, so Blake's mom offered to watch Grant for us.The scenery was stunning and even Blake, who's lived in the Basin all his life, hadn't seen some of the trails we went on.
We stopped for a break and saw some awesome petroglyphs.
See the men high above our heads etched onto the wall?
So Blake was trying to take this fancy picture of the razor with the cool backdrop and I totally did a photobomb and he didn't even realize it until after we'd gotten home and he was looking through the pictures. His reaction was priceless! (It's hard to see, but I'm making a really dorky face)
When we do the scary stuff, I get out and just watch. Again, so happy we have Brent to guide Blake and keep us from getting in over our heads. I'm the type of person who would just freak out and start crying.
Blake went on another all day ride Saturday and then Saturday night was the ATV rodeo. Blake did all the events. My kids had a blast watching him and all the other ATVs showing off their skills.
Blake doing the "blindman's challenge" Blake was blindfolded while Brent was in the announcer's box giving him directions through a course. The idea was to not hit any cones and complete the course in 5 minutes or less. Blake only hit 1 cone and did the course in about 2 minutes.
Brooke was the luckiest girl at the rodeo! She kept winning prizes like this free lemonade from one of the food booths.
Blake doing the teeter-totter. The idea is to get your machine to balance. Blake never could do it.
Blake also did the barrel racing...like they do with horses at the rodeo, but with their machines (which about gave me a heart attack because I thought Blake was going to roll going around those barrels and making sharp turns) and he did the drag racing. I got videos of those events and not any pictures.
It was a fun night for us to support Blake and his new hobby!
No comments:
Post a Comment