Monday, July 3, 2017

Wrapping Up June

Can I tell you how much I loathe the ice cream truck? Anytime my kids hear its annoying little song coming down the street, they start screaming and run outside like the house is on fire. It doesn't help that last week it came right after the kids had gotten in their PJs and brushed their teeth. We were almost in bed when they started screaming "ICE CREAM TRUCK!" around the house. There was no way anyone was sleeping now. 

I hardly ever buy things from the ice cream truck. Last summer I kept saying "next time" anytime the truck would come around, and before I knew it, summer was over and we never did buy anything. So this time, even though it was bedtime, I said yes. Now I can say no the rest of the summer. haha!
 Our neighbors were also out getting ice cream and joined us.

The kids were so excited for Honey to come pick them up to go see the Cars 3 movie. They had to wait on the grass for her to come. It was Grant's first time at the theater. He did great until the last 30 minutes. Then he decided it would be fun to run around the theater. Thanks goodness the movie had been out for a few weeks already so the theater was mostly empty. When I finally caught him, I just stood in the back with him.


Blake bought a new tent and we had to do a trial run in the back yard.



In Blake's words: "So last Monday I went for a mountain bike ride and my arm got impaled by a gigantic stick from a juniper tree. I pulled it out on the trail with my manly teeth and came home and had the following conversation with Courtney
me: My arm really hurts. I think I need to see a doctor.
her: You're fine. Don't be a baby. And don't try to milk out the sympathy for the next two weeks.
*a couple days later*
me: honey, my arm really hurts. I'm getting like a cup a minute of puss out of it. See how red and swollen it is?
*goes to the doctor where arm is re-cut open, I help hold open the wound and the doc uses forceps to root around and find the broken pieces of wood still embedded in there. These are the logs he pulled out along with the tree bark. And then Courtney says "see I told you you'd be fine!"

No comments: