Tuesday, February 20, 2018

February Favorite

A week after Porter's birthday, I turned 34 and Blake I celebrated by leaving the kids with his mom and heading up in the mountains. It was almost 60 degrees the day of my birthday, so we hiked a trail that is right next to river and enjoyed the beautiful day and scenery. After we were done, we ate a late lunch at the lodge. Then went back to get the kids, eat pizza and cake, and watch opening ceremonies of the winter Olympics.

Brooke has been working hard all year to earn her "cursive license" at school. She had to complete all of her cursive homework and have it approved that it was legible and she was doing all the letters in cursive correctly. Now she can write in cursive on her regular assignments at school.

 I caught Grant playing doctor with his horse (he calls horses "neigh-neighs"). It was really cute.


 Grant also decided he wanted to wear a pair of Brooke's high heels. These shoes have a funny story behind them. A couple years ago, our neighbors were having a yard sale. They have 4 grown girls and these shoes were for sale. Brooke LOVES yard sales and wanted to go over and see what they had. Our neighbors are so nice and told Brooke she could pick out something for free. Of course, she picked out a sparkly pair of high heels! They don't even fit her, they are like an adult size 8, but Brooke was smiling so big when she showed me. She's even been allowed to wear them to church a couple of times.

 Valentine's day was pretty low-key at our house. Blake had to work and didn't get home until later in the evening. Rather than try to fight the crowds for dinner, I went to Cafe Rio and got us a couple of pork salads and brought them home.

 Valentine's Day is the anniversary of Blake and I's first date (a dance at Snow College) and our first kiss! This year marked 15 years since that happened!

I'm not even sure I took this picture, but here's Grant holding Porter's nerf gun, which I'm sure he wasn't supposed to have and hurried and threw it down as soon as he heard Porter coming.

No comments: