Tuesday, March 9, 2010
One of THOSE days
I hate feeling stressed and frazzled. And it's been a while since I've had a day like yesterday so I guess I was overdue for one. It started over the weekend when I went grocery shopping and found out that the microwave meals I usually eat for lunch (Healthy Choice & Lean Cuisine) weren't on sale. I was bummed and mentally reminded myself to buy something else I could take for lunches this week. Come Monday morning and as I pull into the parking lot at school I realize that I never actually did buy anything for lunch so I don't have anything to eat today. Then I realize that I also forgot a huge stack of papers I graded over the weekend and was supposed to bring back to enter into the grade-book because the end of the term is quickly approaching. I also realized I never did made copies of the worksheet I needed for today's lesson. Needless to say, Monday morning was not off to a good start. I spent the time before school rushing around like a crazy person making copies and getting things settled. I hate starting days off like that. My frazzledness carried over and my lessons seemed to go poorly. Including one class period where the students finished the activity super fast and resulted in almost 15 extra minutes of class-time I had not prepared for. Guess what kids?! Since I am such a nice teacher and you have behaved so well today (and me not having anything prepared has nothing to do with this..wink wink) You are being rewarded with free-time. Then it was off to lunch (oh yeah, still don't have one of those) so using my 25 minutes wisely, I rush over to McDonalds and get a $2.99 Big Mac value meal and scarf it down. To top it off, after school I had to go over to the DMV to renew my driver's license, waited in line for an hour, got up to the counter and realized they were going to take my picture (duh!) and I did not fix my hair or makeup that day. AND the lady did not do a countdown or anything before she took the picture. So I am sort of smiling and my eyes are half closed. By that time, I did not even care and just wanted to go home. But what a lovely memory I will have to carry around with me for the next 5 years to remember such a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
what a day! it is good to hear other people also have crazy days. :)
THAT SUCKS! But it does happen to the best of us! Was today better? I sure hope so. The weekend can't come faster.
Hey at least you live in Utah and not Arizona. My license doens't expire until 2048! I have to live with my picture for a long long time! I hate days that just go wrong from the minute you wake up! Glad you survived it and that there is a McDonald's close to you!!
I hear you! At least it was only ONE day...most of my days seem to go in that direction anymore! Hopefully you have no more Mondays like that...whew!! That is enough stress to last you at least a couple months, right!?! Have a good remainder of the week.
Anything that involves the DMV ruins your day anyway, and on top of an already awful day? How awful.
I think you should post the picture :)
Sorry you had such a bad day. I'm sure looking back at it someday you will laugh.
I'm sorry you had such a rough day! I hope your week has gotten better and that things are running a little more smoothly for you. Hope you guys are doing well, it's been forever since we've talked! :)
Oh sis. So sorry. Makes my day of not figuring out how start the snoblower in 5 degrees and 15 inches of powder on my driveway not seem so bad. But we have Fablehaven #5 to look forward to in 10 days! We are going to have to try and find it in Philly.
For some reason I remember No. 36 year. I was pregnant with your husband, my driver's license was going to expire, and I had been picked up for speeding to help me realize it. I had the worst picture ever and didn't much care either. But yes, everytime I looked at it I remembered how tight my levis felt and how fat my cheeks looked. Life is good. And look what a joy of a Son I got for the efforts and now a wonderful Daughter and Sweet Happy Grand. So it all works out-literally. Sorry.
Post a Comment