Brooke is also quite the little chatter box. From the minute she wakes up, we can hear her in her crib just talking away. She definitely has her own language. She will even get our attention by saying "Ma" or "dada" and when we say "what?" she will just go off telling us a story, sometimes even making herself laugh as if she just said something funny. She also likes to pretend that everything is a telephone and tries to hold it up to her ear and talk into it. It's so funny that she copies us even at such a young age. This is a very small sampling of how vocal Brooke usually is. She also loves to play on that step. We can almost always find her over there. You may have to turn up the volume to get a good listen.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Walkie Talkie Crawlie
As I mentioned on FB earlier, Brooke is walking!! Even if it is just sparingly. She will walk for a little bit, get tired of it and then just crawl. I know it's because right now she can get around faster by crawling and she is still pretty wobbly walking. I also know that won't last forever and pretty soon she'll have more confidence and be running! Even just over the last couple of days it's been fun to see her courage grow as she takes more and more steps, starts to fall over, regains her balance and keeps going. Blake and I took this video on Thursday night. We just kept passing the camera back and forth, & Brooke, wanting the camera to play with, was more than happy to walk over to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
She is so cute. That is so fun when they start walking. She'll be running around before you know it.
I laughed right out loud when you said that Brooke laughs at her own stories! Oh and I am afraid you will be raising another Olivia here. When she was 2 and we drove to Arkansas, we would start at 4AM so the kids would sleep. Then Olivia would wake up around 8 and IMMEDIATLY announce, "I'm awake!" and go off from there. Even when she had headphones on and was watching a movie she would give us a running commentary on what was happening, "look, there's Little Mermaid's Dad. And the shark! Oh look out Flounder! He got away...." Until she fell asleep at 9PM that night. And so it continues to this day.
I love the video of her talking on the "phone." So cute. It even sounds like she says, "Um..." a couple of times.
She is already getting good at walking. Davon started yesterday/today and he is much more clumsy. I love the way she licks her lip. :)
I also love the video of her talking on the phone. It's cute that she hangs out on the steps like it's her own-sized chair. Get ready for a whole new phase. Hope everything is going well for you!
I love that she's using a brush as a phone. So girl!! Good job Brooke for walking!!!
have fun chasing her around an airport :)
What a cutie! I think she will still be manageable at the airport though since she is just a newbie at walking:)
So cute! I love baby babbel. Such a great age!
I love that last pose. That is hilarious. What a fun stage she is at right now.
You can tell she is concentrating really hard on her walk....so funny. I loved Nicole's story about Olivia. They must be related, right?!?
I'm sorry about your bad Monday last week. I hope the start to this week went a little smoother!
I think we have watched her walk and talk video fifty times. It is so fun to see this little Girly in action. I love the talk on the brush. She just is into the conversation. And of course, it is fun to hear you and see Blake cheer her on. Oh my, she is getting big. Love you three. Have a great trip to the East. Great Grandma and your Father are going to love her so much. and Blake is going to miss you two terribly.
Post a Comment